Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Inline Six package deal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rui, Feb 12, 2015.

1. So I'm considering an upgrade on my stock 223 Ford six (1956). I'm looking to ditch the weathered Holley and Loadomatic. They work fairly but with all the problems everybody experiences at some time: minor but present bowl leak I cant seal (warpage probably), bad accel pump causing a stall at sudden throttle, the problems associated with the loadomatic, poor performance and so forth.
    I see that classicinlines.com offers these package deals: http://www.classicinlines.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WEB-DGV-SWP-K&cat=148 for carb and http://www.classicinlines.com/products.asp?cat=148 for dizzy replacement.
    I just wanted to post a simple question: Has anyone tryed these out on his/hers 223 or similar small six? How did it came out to be?
    Parts are pricy and I always have to drop my pants at outrageous shipment fees, but if theyr a good consistent upgrade I'll go for it.
    Regards

2. We sell a similar carb at Stovebolt (mainly to Chevy/GMC/Mopar customers) and they work great! Our version is a Weber DGV or DGEV 32/36 progressive 2 barrel. Although it is a 'bolt on' (with adapter) you DO have to pay attention to making sure you have an adequate fuel filter, and that you flush your lines before you install. Debris in the needle and seat is the #1 issue we get calls with. Oh, and make sure your intake in heated in some fashion.

3. Thanks for the input Doni.
    I run a disposable prefilter before fuel pump, might reinforce this with another / better one. The intake is heated thru exhaust valve.
    The Loadomatic is another thing to replace.
    I'll check your website to see what is available.
    Regards.

4. You're welcome! BTW Love your profile pic :) Nice car!

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

A lot of older six cylinders have adapted the Weber progressive 2 barrel. As you are in Portugal it may be cheaper to buy the carb locally and just send for the adapter.

Doni likes this.
  6. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

The dizzy kit won't work with your motor, carb kit might but without more airflow in the intake a different carb won't give you any more performance, it will just fix the issues you have with the other carb. I did a dual carb intake, headers, and after some time an upgraded dizzy. It now runs like a scalded cat, but lost some driveability from just the single carb. Not sure on the power gains, but it really helped the motor to breath. Its pretty simple to upgrade the dizzy yourself, couple of threads here on the HAMB about it.

7. Thanks for the input guys. Lots of controversy on what is an "original" Weber.
    What engine are you running greaseyknight?
    Regards

8. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

Its a 223 out of a '59 pickup.

9. OK, and as to carb and dizzy? Could you elaborate a bit?
    Regards

10. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

Oh sure, its got a dual carb Offenhauser intake with two 1904 Holly carbs. Not sure on the header, but I think its a Clifford, dumps right about at the oil pan. Distributor is from a Ford 300 that has been modified to work with the 223. That way I get both centrifugal advance and vacuum advance, with the ability to run a HEI type ignition(currently using points) Here's the link to a guide here.

Rui likes this.
  11. Thanks Greasey, I'll look into it.
    Regards