Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The JUMPIN BEAN ,TIME CAPSULE GASSER

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milner3268, Feb 17, 2015.

1. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

It gives us car guys hope that these cars are still out there, I am looking forward to more posts on this car. GREAT FIND!!!

2. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Thanks everyone really on cloud nine as talked about earlier in the thread if anyone has a magazine contact please pass it along or have them check out the thread .Id love to get it in print to honor Dan Gaston and the Jumpin Bean while he is still around to enjoy it

AHotRod likes this.
  3. fore-speed

fore-speed

I'm in the process of restoring a very similar Chevy stored 40 years. Mine is also running a SBC in D/G. I would like to know what rear gear was run in the 1/4 mile? How tall were the rear tires? I currently have 28" rear tires but can go to 30". When I tell people I want to run 12.00et they think that is not likely with the 327/4spd combo. I do feel there is too much attention on AA and A/G cars. My car will be getting a complete new front axle/suspension and a new rear axle and setup. Your lucky your car came with a good usable rearend

4. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Hey fore-speed,I also have a 55 chevy 3250 lbs ,old pump gas 327 with a holley 700 ,turbo 400 ,456 gears older hard 29'' piecrust slicks and my best last year was 12.34 1/4 and 7.82 1/8 .Im still sorting it out theres more in it but its a super low budget ride. With that being said you are not at all out of line with having 12's in mind especially if your using new and good parts which our 55 DOES NOT get HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

AHotRod likes this.
  5. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Was the car in West Seneca?

6. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Hey Dooley, Yea it was in West Seneca,The pics I posted are the car with Dan my son and me in Dans garage This past Monday

7. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

cool, i think i know where it was, my company has a property right across the street if I am correct...
    Your son looks so grown up...

8. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Yea Dooley,Dayton [my son] Is getting big ,he already has the 55 and I told him he better get good racing IT as he has to race against me in the Jumpin Bean HAHAHAHA!!! .He is as or more excited about the BEAN than I am if thats possible .I still dont have it at the shop as Dan does not want it transported in bad weather with salt on the roads as it has ever seen shit weather. So when I get it to the shop Ill take pics and post them with some vintage pics .Thanks for all the AWESOME posts guys

9. biscaynes

biscaynes

so cool, congrats! more pictures? :)

10. biscaynes

biscaynes

11. .

Wow! Hell of a sudden score. Congrats!