Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plowboy plays with my undercarrige!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frizby, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Actually he came over a couple weeks ago and helped me get squared away on my backend. We installed the bed front and cut the trunk lid to a rough size. After many minutes of him cussing at me for not remembering my mesurments, we figured out a way to cut it, and it's really coming together. Mostly we just tried to keep the fins all level it looks fucked up around the tailight panel because this car had been in a wreck and the back was bent up in areas. I'm triying to get the top right as the whole tialight area will be cut out and a cove will be made with conduit and parts of the bumper, this is where my tailights will reside on somemore fairlane grill mesh. The other pics are of some frame work I've been finishing up while waiting to get my rearend narrowed up. I know the c-notch is hugh, but I made one and it wasn't big enough so I figured bigger is better. Plus I want it lower than the original space truck.

Attached Files:

2. Perty cool Friz'.....you have the steerin' wheel to match that ass-right?:D

3. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I wish I did, but the rest of this car ended up on Zenor's coupe. I do have a octagon metalflake green wheel I will be running.

Attached Files:

4. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Hey you might need to beef up that frame looks pretty flimsy!

Looks like its gonna be pretty cool. You the same frisby with the art in the new Traditonal mag. If so I dig your work.

5. Plowboy

Plowboy

We have to build them sturdy in IL. You never know if you have to haul some seed corn or pull some anhydrous tanks.

I have a lot of learning to do on Frizby. I believe he now has an understanding of what "square" and "even" mean. Well, at least I hope so.

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that is the beefiest C notch in the history of man.

It looks good!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I bet he did ;)

Looking good bud!:cool:

8. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Oo! Oo! Oo! '59 Pontiac tail fins!!!! Brings back fond memories of my childhood. Neat. And progress is being made. Even better.

9. 62fairlane

62fairlane
    from Dayton, TN

the great thing about the 60's style trunk as a bed is tha tthe midwest is litered with tons of them with rotted trunks, floors and wheel arches on them but usually pretty decent trim and sheetmetal on the car still

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Love it !
    You guys should be my neighbors :) !
    Out-of-the-box-building is the most fun.

11. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Not my art, not much of an artist here. The frame is real beefy, being that it started out as a 1 ton truck. I'm running a 401 nailhead, plus I'm always a little rough on my vehicles, I know it's overkill, it's my first hot rod project, I usually work on real big presses and steam hammers so it's all I know!

There are alot of junk cars in our area, thats why this is so fun, you just find some shit and throw it together. I wish this thing had some good trim, I didn't realize 59 pontiacs are so rare.

I must say if you need help with your backend plowboy is the man to see, he's very experienced and gentle!

We'll see how tough that frame is after a few ditches!

12. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

I read that fast and thought it sid "Plowboy plays with my underware" but i guess that is highly posable also!
    FRITZ

13. Cool! Glad to see the rest of that carcass put to good use. That's gonna be a killer pickemup.

40 on the curb for Ol' '59 Star Chief, he's in a better place now.