Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I guess i wont be going down to the shop to work on the 56 wagon today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got a lot of ice here yesterday and last night then a dusting of snow on top.The power keep going off and on.Tree branches are coming down now and they are calling for snow tonight. 003.JPG Nothing is moving here.Bruce.

2. 004.JPG Would you go down this drive way with ice on it? And you cant even see the 3 curves below..lol.Bruce.

3. Looks like a good day for a big ole bowl of hot chili...

4. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

From your pictures it looks like it is a little down hill, you would get there Quick and have to stay until your car is running!;):confused::eek: Sooooooo whats the down side---------- Gary:)

Bruce Fischer and fine29 like this.
  5. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

Looks like your weather is worse then what we have had all winter here in Minnesota!!!

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  6. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

That's nothing. Go for it!

We have a bit more here and it isn't slowing anyone down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bruce Fischer and fine29 like this.
  7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Looks like what we call a Tuesday up here in the Northern Red River Valley. -30 F (-50 F wind chill) tomorrow morning. I might have to get a coat out of the closet.....

8. Like Bruce,we got ice,,not snow..and no power. HRP

9. That's nothin'... we got 4" of more snow this morning but it will break 20* today. More snow for Saturday, but the weatherman can't get it straight, so who knows.

10. I hate Winter. Looks like you guys in East Tennessee and the Upstate of South Carolina got whacked pretty good by this event.

11. 5-6 in Philly today (or last night).

12. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Just a bit of visual hope for you snow bound folks. I took this two weeks ago in sunny Oregon[​IMG]

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

WOO HOO it's 62 here today(feels like 72)
    Life is good

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  14. BJR

BJR

Nice Airstreams, I have a 77 Argosy, but with way less snow on it. But then I live in Wisconsin. Ha Ha

15. Saxxon

Saxxon

Coming from an area that routinely sees -40 temps and 4 ft of snow I tend to snicker when I see a light dusting of the white stuff shutting down areas. We hardy Canadian and Northern US folks forget when an area isn't used to the devils dandruff and therefore are not prepared it can be catostrophic. Last year we saw record low temps for a record number of days and record amounts of snow (50 inches in total). This year the east coast is getting smashed and we folk in the middle are having a mild (ish) winter with very little snow.

Hang in there bud... play safe in the white stuff

16. Phil1934

Phil1934

It's not the dusting in the Southeast. Since our temps hang around freezing, we get ice with any of these weather events.

17. I guess its kind of like when the North gets hit with temps in the 90s-100s in the summer. I hear of people dying in the heat up there but thats close to normal a lot of times down here. I don't use ac unless its about 95.
    I'll take heat over cold anytime.

18. Tell me about it we had nice weather melted the snow away we had and could actually get some work done on the Willys sedan, no had to go and snow on us again, cold out so here i set on the HAMB reading about things, sure hope spring and summer get here soon. Well guess we just have to bit it and go with the flow.

19. Yep Johnquills We had them bloomed here in Arkansas last week. there all frozen and covered with ice & snow today.

20. gregga

gregga

I drove my coupe to school at Michigan Tech. They had snow.
    [​IMG]

21. 2935ford

2935ford

Our front door and back deck yesterday. Over 60cm or storm 50cm 21515 009.JPG storm 50cm 21515 010.JPG 2ft of snow in one day!

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this weather is terrible. there was mist on my windows this morning driving to work. I bet it is close to 60 degrees outside.

BRRRRRRRRRRR! can't wait for "summer" to start next month:)

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  23. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'm from Winnipeg. The temps range from -40c (as low as -54c with wind chill last year) in the winter. Throw in the monsoon season between April and June and the mosquito season between June and Sept where temps can go as high as +40c or more (104f) followed by a cool damp dreary fall that sometimes lets you golf into Novemeber and you have a normal Winnipeg year.

The snowfall the east coast has been getting is crazy...
    Ice is the killer. Even here in "Winter-peg" people forget they can't stop on ice and still keep driving like idiots.

24. I have a sister that lived and taught in Crossville, TN, she averaged more winter weather days off from school than we did here in the middle of Wisconsin.
    BTW at 5 degrees this forenoon, I went for a couple mile snowshoe walk, yesterday was beautiful at 13 degrees, sunny with no wind. Too cold to get my garage comfortably, but at least I'm getting some exercise.

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Got about 5 inches of snow last night but its not the snow that is keeping me out of the garage,I am out of kerosene and have not gotten any yet. Its the cold that keeps me out of the garage since its going to be below 20 for the rest of the week,its going to be above freezing this weekend and will feel like a heat wave so for now I will just hunt for parts on the computer.

26. Kinda like my Yankee neighbor that is always running his mouth how Southerners can't drive on a little snow then totals his Cadillac on the black ice,then starts making excuses about he has never seen black ice. HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.