Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Seized Engine Release

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Feb 16, 2015.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

2. Budget36

Budget36

Hmmmnn, any one see that snake go by?

mctim64 likes this.
  3. stimpy

stimpy

the one carrying the oil can ??? 19.95 for 2 oz of diesel fuel ???

4. I'll bet they will send you 2 cans if you order today~~~just pay shipping and handling..LOL

Hotrodmyk and mctim64 like this.

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I watched it twice and never saw a snake...oh, you're talking about snake oil right?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. stimpy

stimpy

you know the rules Larry , no answers before first cup of coffee ... :confused:

pitman and 3wLarry like this.
  7. There you go Larry! :D HRP

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and 3wLarry like this.
  8. New and improved! Same old shit!

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Speaking of which, I ran across this while googling stuck diesel engines, just drug home a free dozer. Someone on a forum actually recommended it. Also read that diesels rarely stick, well this one ain't moving. Going to take the injectors out and pour MMO down it since I inherited a gallon.

BTW did you catch the color of this stuff? Wonder what the secret sauce is. Mustard?

[​IMG]

10. I could make my own if I could find out what species of snake they are making the oil from.

11. flamed34

flamed34

Geez, I have a 331 Hemi that has been seized for probably 30 years. I'm SURE this will work!

12. I am sure if you complain that it did not work.......you are in the 10% group.........sorry

13. Heck I'm gonna leave a motor out in the weather just so I can try it out! :)

blowby likes this.
  14. RichG

RichG

Marvel Mystery Oil, an hour, a chain, and a pickup strong enough to drag your junk down the road 'til the engine breaks free. Done it a few times, works like a champ, no snake involved;)

15. Does the Hoffman Group have a Canadian subsidiary?
    Just wondering...........

kiwijeff, RICH B and 56don like this.
  16. We use a mix of Coca-Cola and auto tranny fluid in this house. It has to be the real deal coke and preferable Mexican if you can find it (they have tamed the American version down too much, the Mexican is still original formula). I have even used to free stuck dawgs. :eek: :D

If I had a stuck engine and was trying to save it for whatever reason I would try anything at my disposal, and yes it is rare for a diesel engine to stick it must have been really wet at some point.

17. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

In the past, I have used a mixture of ATF and kerosene with success.

18. stimpy

stimpy

siezed diesels it was diesel fuel and naptha ( naptha cuts the wax of the DF so it can seep in better ) , ATF , or MMO , but if it was really stuck it meant new liners and piston and rings .

19. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

What does NAFTA have to do with diesel...no, wait. Never mind.

20. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Dude, at least move the camera around to give the appearance of time progressing. Oh, and you might wait more than 2 minutes to allow the shadows to move over a "2week" period.

Maybe you use the rattle gun to chase the snakes away.

21. slammed

slammed

Acetone & ATF.

kiwijeff likes this.
  22. fridaynitedrags

fridaynitedrags

The magic ingredient in Coca Cola is phosphoric acid. Years ago as a child, I remember my dad stopping at a roadside store in a rain storm to buy a bottle of Coca Cola to pour on the windshield so he could see to drive. For those of you who are my age, you can remember that every road in the country had a black line of grease and oil right down the middle of the lane from oil and grease that leaked from poor seals and gaskets of that era. Cars driving over that in the rain, would slosh the oily mess up onto the car behind them, onto the windshield in particular. The windshield would get so slimy that you could not see to drive, so the phosphoric acid in the Coke would cut through the mess and allow you to see through the windshield again. Phosphoric acid also works to cut rust.

23. castirondude

castirondude

I always heard ATF + acetone. I have an old air cooled twin turbo V12 diesel engine which wouldn't turn. I tooked up the 24V starter to my welder and it couldn't turn the engine. I noticed the wires moving from the current going through them!! So I used my 1000A current clamp and sure enough it pegged.
    I used the ATF + acetone and I strapped the engine down real good and made a crankshaft adapter for a long pipe. By the time I had extended the pipe to about 15-20' and hanging on it I could hear the engine starting to creak. Then I just went back and forth and it went a little further every time. Eventually it was unstuck. Then I pumped a lot of oil through the oil system while turning it. Eventually worked up to it turning nice and free and sure enough she's running now.

24. 303racer

303racer

I use a oil drum on my heated shop floor,half full of diesel, atf and acetone, then sink the engine block in the hole thing for a weeks with the lid on loosely, Never had one that wasn't worth freeing, that I couldn't unfree

25. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I HAD REASONABLE SUCCESS WITH ATF AND 10 WT. OIL BUT TIME AND PATIENCE IS THE SNAKE OIL. THE RINGS LIKE THE CYLINDER WALLS TOO MUCH. IF A STORED ENGINE IS TURNED OVER 360 DEGREES ON YOUR BIRTHDAY EVERY YEAR IT WILL LAST A LONG TIME!

CRAB LOUIE

26. BJR

BJR

What if your birthday is on Feb 29th?

blowby likes this.
  27. LOL I forgot that trick I was still doing it in the '70s ( actually '80s since I lived in Mexico at the time).

So not to change the subject but did you ever rub a Bull Durum sack on the inside of the windshield to keep it from fogging? My granddad taught me that one.

28. Rob68

Rob68

Excellent!

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't need to save the pistons, you can use full strength muriatic acid.

It will rapidly dissolve an entire piston, if you need it to.

30. 55Brodie

55Brodie

I bet the bull loved it.