Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical *** Will the groundhog see a banger February 2015 Banger Meet***

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jiminy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Gwhite, these are just polished.

Attached Files:

• pol.jpg
      pol.jpg
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    Hitchhiker and gwhite like this.
  2. Love it! Sent you a PM...lemme know if you got it!

Gary

3. I think I got it but don't know how to reply, missed that day

4. Send me a private conversation with your email or phone :)

5. Comment about the Winfield single down draft manifolds made by Winfield. The carburetor mounting flange is milled on an angle usually 3 degrees + or - 1/2 degree so that when installed the carburetor is close to level. If mounted as an updraft they would/could be close to 5 degrees off level.

6. SJR

SJR

the reason for my inquiry is Im getting geared up to add more products to my line of cast alloy parts and wondered if there was a desire for a heated intake, I thought I read somewhere of someone with a hopped up T with a down draft that when driven far had issues with icing up in the carb , but only on a long trip

7. What does your line of cast parts consist of at present ?

8. SJR

SJR

Subaru lift kit components for offroad ; engine weber intake for same

9. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Heating the manifold is something I have thought about as mine twin strombergs on a Thomas manifold get cold almost the point of icing after running at highway speeds on anything other than hot days
    1 fix is to run with a hood then it is fine but I prefer without
    question is how to heat I have thought about running water tubes around the manifold just not sure about the look ?

10. Phred

Phred
    from IL

11. Phred

Phred
    from IL

I am trying this heated base from Imperial Speed and Custom, Washington State. Can report back in a couple weeks on it's performance. If this photo does not post, feel free to email for a photo [email protected] Carb Riser.JPG

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  12. I know @MrModelT is running two of those heated bases like the post above.

Perhaps he will chime in.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  13. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Very interesting I wonder if that would work with exhaust gas instead of water ?

14. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Many stock manifolds run exhaust gas heaters over the years.

15. SJR

SJR

16. I posted this up over on Ford Barn...would be curious to get opinions here as well since this forum tends to be more performance oriented.

I'm running a splash-oiled babbitt bottom end A motor with a Scat crank...would it hurt (or help) anything to run a Stipe hi-volume oil pump? Probably a lot of money for not much benefit if I were buying one at full-retail, but I've got a line on a new one for dirt cheap and tend to trust Bill's stuff over some of the remanufactured junk that sometimes comes from the vendors.

17. If any thing I would relieve the shaft on the stock pump for a little more volume. If it is a terrific deal buy it in case you decide to build a pressure lubricated engine. All you need now is enough to fill the dipper tray. On my current build I'm planning on using a stock pump.

18. Thanks Bill! Any thoughts on adding a bypass oil filter to a splash-oiled system?

19. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

So I picked up this dual updraft that was a buy it now on Ebay because it looked cool. I need a new stock exhaust manifold(this one is brand new never used) and a carb so even though I overpaid, the workmanship of the welds on the second intake pipe are really nice. So now the question is does anyone think I can actually get it to work or it is even worth it, the linkage seems to be the most difficult to figure out as I assume it needs to be progressive. If not I will rebuild the carbs, use the exhaust manifold and the intake will become wall art.

Attached Files:

Entlebucher likes this.
  20. There was an article in the Restorer about those. I believe it's a Charlie Yapp design. I would contact him about it.

21. You can go to the C Yapp scalded dog web sight and download the S O S S archives index. I remember the article and there was supposedly improved performance.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  22. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Has any body started a March banger meet?

23. Jiminy

Jiminy