Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1957 Ford wagon gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Boy, Nov 27, 2014.

1. So most of you have either seen this car in the HAMB cars for sale or seen the FB pics of the "adventure" that myself and a few friends took to Shepherdsville Ky to pick up my new toy a 1957 Ford Gasser wagon. Bought the roller but really wanted the motor and trans that was in the car (blown 454). The previous owner (rat nasty on the HAMB) did an outstanding job building this car. All the hard work is done and now the new engine and trans will be built and installed before the Meltdown drags in June 2015. I know all the Ford and Chevy purists will love that I'm putting a 406 SBC in the car, hate all you want but it will be the best of both worlds and of course "its my car!" Ill try to post pics as the build progresses.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    OahuEli, volvobrynk and AHotRod like this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Congrats! Any visual changes planned or you gonna Rock as is?

3. Syaying the way it is accept for a few of the graphics on the front fenders that don't relate to the car any more but the rest will stay as is.....I dig it!

4. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

Awesome! Should've done a gasser when I had the chance

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Congrats Johnny. Love the look of the car. I've got an FE block in my garage if you change your mind. :)
    You can kick me in the shin when you see me.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Nice to see that you got this very cool gasser. I have always liked this car alot. The 406 will be great, are you going to go blown like mine?

7. No blower, naturally aspirated!

8. Kicking you in the shin will never happen my friend!

9. jstanotheidiot

jstanotheidiot

Yep he will wait till your not looking

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Johnny Boy likes this.
  10. rat nasty

rat nasty

Thanks John keep us posted glad you are happy I enjoyed that car and I'm glad someone will get a chance to do the same! Haters gonna hate but it's yours now do what ya like and have fun! Good to meet you and the twisted piston crew!

OahuEli likes this.
  11. Sooo, how did you talk Tad out of his wagon? Hopefully he will get to start on his '33/'34 project. He has a chopped shoebox doesn't he? Keep us posted, sounds like your already wound up!! Tim

12. Your wagon looks killer! I see you bought the roller without the BBC.
    What happened to the blower setup for the 454? Like to get my hands on that!

13. rat nasty

rat nasty

The BBC is for sale no trans but very complete if interested call me 502-387-2423 and yes Tim I'm lookin forward to starting on my 33' and I've got a chopped 53' Chevy I'm currently working on.

14. rat nasty

rat nasty

I will not sell the blower set up unless the motor sells first

15. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

I bought the trans for my 56. Looks like they will meet again at the melt down. I have a m21 with a hurst shifter for sale if you are interested. Shifter was new and trans is rebuilt.

16. Tad, ditto on meeting you! You made the whole purchase really easy and that's a plus when buying from pictures and a description. I am getting to work on the car tomorrow so I will keep you informed!

17. A little bright work this weekend. Chassis black primer, next chassis black top coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. An up date on the gasser. New wheels and tires installed (Chrome reverse rims and some big Hoosier slicks with the white letter paint removed} and some more bright work on the front end suspension!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk, AHotRod and Tudor like this.
  19. Also removed some graphics from the hood and doors (unrelated to me or the new drive train) via wet sanding with 1500 grit paper. Worked very well!

[​IMG]

volvobrynk and AHotRod like this.
  20. Looks great! What is the wheel and tire size on rear?

21. Tire Size: 30 x 10.50-15

Wheel Diameter: 15 in.

Sidewall Style: Solid white letters

Tire Construction: Radial

Tire Diameter: 29.50 in.

Section Width: 12.50 in.

Tread Width: 10.50 in.

22. Very cool build. I'm doing a Chevy 355 in my '59 Ford, a leftover stock car piece that will be freshened up. But eventually want a 351C in the Ford.

23. I like it a lot,keep the build thread going,I want the see this car finished! HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. Looking good Johnny.

25. That'll be fun, keep up the great work.

26. Little better view of the rear wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Replacing the side glass whisker channels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Cool!! I was wondering what happened to this build. HRD

28. So had some time (not much of course) to do some more bright work on the gasser until the engine is completed. Painted the roof supports and will cover the inner roof with Hush Mat, when that is finished its on to the side windows!
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk and AHotRod like this.
  29. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Front steering cross steer is to left spindle, should be to right spindle..Drag link way too short and you will, not maybe have problems...

30. Slicks looking great on those wheels, the car is badass !
    Hopefully you won't have to endure too many "nice Nomad" comments from the masses.
    Seb caught something that could well save you a lot of grief. The work looks very sturdy on the car, no question about it. But even in a straight line, bump steer would have to be an issue with a drag link so short.

volvobrynk likes this.