Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1964 SWB Stepside GMC truck, 305/350

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Dawai, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

City: Tunnel Hill, Varnell 30755

State: Georgia
    Price: 3500
    (DEPOSIT ACCEPTED on this truck.. thank you)

or best offer (some jiggle in that price right now). I got too many projects going on.

Took on trade, Been sitting a while, Brought home on roll-back. Barn funk, Tree sap, green goo, pretty solid old body thou, I connected a electric fuel pump, gas jug, fired off engine. Some blow by but It runs, carb is dried out and probably full of bad gas. Transmission pulls forward and reverse, Would load on trailer but not travel on interstate. Appears to be pretty straight. Steps, cab corners appear to be solid. Flat bottoms of doors have some rust. Dash appears to be unmolested.

Mostly original, very little rust is visible, peeking in seams, glass is clear, unbroken. Floor of bed is gone, needs wood or steel. Has Ram horn exhaust going back to what looks like fiberglass glass packs under front of truck bed, turn downs. I laid down, looking around under it, did not see any major damage underneath, frame appears to be solid. Transmission, thou claimed to be a TH350, It has a notch in front corner of pan, and I noticed a modulator out the front passenger side??

Bumpers, painted, appear to be pretty straight.

I did the vin decode (to the best of my ability. I=inline engine, 15=127" wheelbase (swb?) 02=?? and P=Pontiac Michigan plant, F=1964-1966, with 5153 vin stating it was sold in 1964, it has a B after all that.

Will Get more pictures tomorrow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

2/17/2015, Deposit accepted on this truck... thank you..

I did Oshpho the hood and fenders to kill the surface rust, shot some rattle can black primer on them to help weather the coming SNOW. I got two engines that will drop right in, ONE is a 1965 327 chev.

Trades? offers? insults??

I found more rust. But all is repairable. All is not lost, still a more solid truck than anything "made in China" and Sold in USA.

email me if you like.. [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015