Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Hmmm ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423443710.993655.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

'54Caddy likes this.
  2. OK, here's my $1100...feel free to drop the car off this weekend.....My name's even on the hood already!

Take my money!

3. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Haha , the hood is coming town to the 2015 TROG for good luck

4. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I still need more racers to sign from last yr. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423702961.746401.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Bring it along , I'll sign it this year. Can't believe I missed signing it.

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Shit I didn't sign it either !

7. Cant wait to come back this year and bringing a few more kiwis over with us as well..hope the bottle shop is stocking up.. IMG_20141013_072931.jpg

lothiandon1940, Kiwi 4d and ELD like this.
  8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tell us more burnzy , we were talking about it also.

9. Pete

Pete

That car looks like it just farted and it's saying "who me"....

hammeredt and bgaro like this.
  10. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Lets so some potential 2015 cars/builds

11. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

See

12. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I will bring my 32 5w if it's accepted. 1st pic is right before final prep and paint. It's painted now and doing full chassis assembly and freshening the flathead.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

13. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Love those wide fives

14. nosdan

nosdan

The Dirty Dutchmen are looking forward to another great one. Rooms are booked at the American Safari and the 1929 banger build is nearing the end stages. Photos soon.

10968457_1560120077562404_4974230737146306472_n.jpg

15. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Nice and simple is fast !

16. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

some posts in this thread sound like some of you guys are discouraged about maybe not being accepted , not being able to compete with big money , etc etc. there will be guys submitting big dollar cars for a chance to be involved in the greatest event in hot rodding right now . please understand i am speaking for myself and not the Oilers cc when i say this but Big money doesn't mean good taste , big money doesn't mean you will get in to this race , big money doesn't buy cool . this event is a tribute to a time way before big money ruled racing . Mel and Bobby are as much history junkies as they are anything else . real men (and women) building cars as period correct and visually pleasing as possible will get noticed in their picking of cars as well as the guys with all of the coolest rarest parts (admit it , we all love to see that shit in person doing what it was intended to do ) the first year i was involved i had a 33 5wdw coupe (in my avatar) it was a hot rod project never finished and parked for 63 years . i was lucky enough to get it running and get picked to race . i should have left the V off the number on the door but other than that it looked like a coupe that might have been seen on the lakes , not a big time racer but just an average joe . i knew if i was going to get picked again i needed to do my homework , study my Don Montgomery books learn what was being done in the 40's /early 50's . when we did the 28 roadster #154 for last years event i wanted it to look like it was a barn found ex lakes roadster , we worked our asses off to make that happen but we did not throw around big money !! old fashioned hard work and a drive to be on that beach racing on race day was the biggest part !! keep in mind roadsters ruled the lakes , coupes and sedans were family cars ,trucks were work vehicles . there were some out there but it was not the norm so if you are building a coupe or sedan make it stand out as an attempt to be able to compete with the lighter and sleeker roadsters of the time . at the end of the day , how bad do ya want to be there . Mel and Bobby have a hard job to do picking only 100 cars and bikes to be included in this racing event . i am going to do my best this year to put together a T roadster (cut down touring) on the cheap that will be convincing enough to get chosen to compete but if i can't pull it off and have to watch from the sidelines you can bet your ass i'll still have a good time !

17. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Playing with my holes for the TROG car ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425508121.214816.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425508152.187723.jpg

18. seatex

seatex

Well said HOLLYWQQD, such an awesome event............... with 367 miles of coastline, Texas needs some of that shit. You guys do it up in style, man!

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hog those holes out!!

I'm "increasing the aerodynamics" of our entry...
    [​IMG]

20. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Where did you score that body. It looks awesome man

21. fonti

fonti

It sure looks awsome NOW...you should have seen it before the Kohler Kustom treatment!!

thunderbirdesq likes this.
  22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks Nils, a pal of mine had it squirreled away in NY state. It was indeed kinda "light" to start with...!

Attached Files:

23. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Oh man , Mother Nature had a good time with her. Great job , will we see that beast on the beach ?

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Man helped too, it was channeled real hard and looks like welded to the frame at some point. Yea, it'll be ready to rumble in oct!

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  25. Pete

Pete

Yea Andy....that coupe looks pretty damn happy to be alive!

thunderbirdesq likes this.
  26. Accumulating parts for TROG this year. Don't have a body yet but have some possibilities lined up....

Attached Files:

27. flynstone

flynstone

when is it ? is it open to anyone? details ? thanks

28. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

I have a model A chassis, a v8 flathead and just recently I picked up this 31 coupe body. I'm ready to get rolling.

Attached Files:

29. hey guys, I have a couple questions regarding the rules:

1) I understand that parts need to be '54 or earlier. Chevrolet truck 4 speeds are the same from roughly 47-59. Must I have a date code that reads pre '55, or is the fact that the trans was available in earlier years okay?
    2) What about home made, or one-off parts? If I have a local technical high school make a part or parts for my engine, would it be disqualified?

Many thanks,

Bill

30. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1427627496.230147.jpg torrnados race team is comin to jersey again this year.