Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chopped 57 Buick -- pickup or nomad or what ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twochops, Feb 8, 2015.

1. twochops

twochops

buick pickup.jpg BUICKNUMAD-crop.jpg While chopping my 1957 Buick two-door hardtop, I got
    on the computer to photoshop some ideas that radically
    changed it. Here are a couple I thought would be nice.
    If anyone is interested I have other ideas, too.
    TwoChops

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    kiwijeff likes this.
  2. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Love the Nomad look but will be pricey to build....nomad stuff is not cheap....stan

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Two Chops: I looked your car over at the Rust Revival. It's just drop dead beautiful. Also spoke with you for a while. Thanks for taking the time to tell me about the build.

4. jerseymike

jerseymike

the nomads pretty cool but that top picture i don't know. that's an awful long body for that short of a roof. would love to see the other ideas.

5. Sauli

Sauli

I like the look of Your car as it is, I remember seeing it on here before over the years. Always thought the nicest quality about it is with the radical alteration of the roofline and all, You kept the original rear window and all brightwork. Very factory custom -ish, and classy without none of the all too common "kustom" cliches.
    With that said, was there ever a build-thread or such, on how exactly You went about the roof-chop..? That particular bodystyle has to be not exactly the easiest of rooflines to chop properly..?

6. phat rat

phat rat

Are you thinking of doing another car. I sure wouldn't change your 57. As I've often said " you can park it in my garage anytime"

7. john walker

john walker

love the 3 window idea!

8. twochops

twochops

mildnice-vi.jpg Phat Rat -- no I am not building another custom, eights enough.
    What this thread was designed to show some of the photo shops I
    did when I was building my 57 Buick. This photo shows different
    window and taillights. Just ideas -- that's all.
    TwoChops

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  9. That El Bumino is way cool! I photo shopped my old 63 rambler American and I think it would have worked but your Buick idea is really snarky. Love it! americanpickup.jpg

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd think you will have someone thinking chopped two door Estate Wagon with the "Nomad" photo" They could take a two door hardtop that was missing a few pieces and add the proper Buick trim to it.
    Personally I like the long deck coupe that could have a very long deck lid to work like the hard cover like an Elkie bed but include the tailgate part in the lid.

I just like 57 Buicks though as my dad had a white Roadmaster 4 door hardtop when I was a kid.

11. twochops

twochops

That's all for tonight folks-----TwoChops