Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fgnailhead34, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Wow! Nothing wrong with them, but some are so spiffy that I'd be scared to death I might fart and be in trouble if I were visiting......

2. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

You're welcome, glad I could help.:cool:

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Posted before,but hey ho;
    My wife Jane's '59 'burb beater 'The Shopping Kart',my Kustom Panel truck 'The Kripple Kart',Jane's '62 Triumph Tiger Cub,& my son Danny's '62 Thames 305 van(English Ford commercials wore the Thames badge well into the '60's)
    Paul

[​IMG]

4. turdytoo

turdytoo

Got a call the other day, a friend needed help moving......

Attached Files:

5. 26Rooster

26Rooster

A shot of mine

Attached Files:

6. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Coolest garage on here yet.

7. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Um, this one.

8. Three cars in a two car garage! Knew I should have studied better in math class!!-MIKE:eek::D:p
    IMG_0638.JPG

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Dave Mc likes this.
  9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The '40 pickup has been totally disassembled for a complete rebuild. y '63 Corvette and behind the truck is my '36 5w coupe with a Corvette LS2/4L60e[​IMG]

10. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Argh, another clean one..LOL..I tend to spill alot but I do better than my wife in the kitchen!!

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Since I'm here I will ask...I want to build a pole barn, the simplest structure I can make to keep rain and snow off yard equipment and for cold storage..Can any one suggest a source for plans or kits? Thanks, Seb.. PS, did do search but any sites would not open up [too old I guess].

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  12. LAROKE

LAROKE

Both of these are from a few years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave Mc likes this.
  13. tommy v

tommy v

14. 1pickup

1pickup

Man, I gotta clean my shop. Maybe I just have too much stuff & too many projects. It looks like you could eat off the floor in some of those. If you did that in mine, you'd end up with dirt, bondo dust, metal filings & mouse shit between your teeth!

15. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Having lived in the time era where garage cabinets and tool storage was all exposed, was handy at the time. But, the gathering of parts on the workbench and tools on the wall, plus parts in small boxes on the open shelves were what was the way most garages were at the time. No one thought of cabinet storage and a relatively dust free workspace, what ever was being built in the garage. It was a workspace after all.

Our backyard garage we built for our Willys Coupe project had a long workbench with wall shelving above on the exposed beam walls. If a part got accidently shoved to the back of the shelf, it usually could be found on the floor under the workbench. Not always handy in that respect. But, no one made cabinets for garage work and storage back then.
    upload_2023-6-29_4-15-7.png Our apartment garage had exposed wall beams and a large shelf for household overflow storage. The El Camino could fit under the large wooden platform storage area, just so it would fit in the small garage. The other side was where it was open to the ceiling and the sedan delivery was parked. I had to make a tool storage/workbench area for our El Camino and 327 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery, then create some space for our Harley Sportster. My wife’s 62 Corvair was relegated to staying outside to fight the salt air elements that came rolling into the area every night.

For the next two houses, we ended up with a homemade work bench, a laminated table for my enlarger and developing equipment. The tools got shoved over to a corner area on their own small boxes on shelves, marked with what was inside. Each garage had its own designated workspace.

The photo bench was not for hammering or sawing or even small hot rod works. The top was created with surfboard resin for a smooth shiny surface for the main event, photo developing and printing various sizes of photos. When I needed a custom frame, I had to go over to a small area in the garage area, below the tool box shelves and pound away. Nothing was going to damage the custom surface top photo developing table.

In one house, we were able to convert an unused laundry room for a small darkroom indoors. But, of course, I had to cut down the custom made apartment garage work table so it would fit the much smaller laundry/dark room. There was enough room for an enlarger work area and three small developing trays. The running water was behind the enlarger area to wash and finish the darkroom processes.

For larger poster size photo enlargements, I had this custom tube that the paper could be safely rolled up inside and develop with the chemicals anywhere. I shot the larger poster size photo angled on the wall across the small room. The paper was totally flat against the wall and created a larger viewing of the negatives for the enlargements. 11x14 was usually the standard tray developing and printing. The wall photos were much larger up to 2 ft by 3 ft in dimensions. So, it worked well in the small, light tight room.

Jnaki

As we got to our family house stage, I had a made another wooden workbench tied into a set of wall shelves with small bottles of screws and auto parts. The workbench was right in front of the cars and I had to move the cars for larger work in the area to create more room.

For the long hours in the garage workspace and sports activities, I had a shoe collection on the adjoining wall above the washer and dryer. The tools, workbench, and storage was in front of both cars, wide enough to work on, but narrow enough to walk in front of the cars to get access to the other side of the garage.
    upload_2023-6-29_4-17-2.png Chasing after photo angles and enjoying skateboarding/scooters, I used up a lot of athletic shoes. But, also, chasing after an active little kid was all encompassing and I needed some good quality shoes, to use, to get in on the chase…Ha!

A recent find of this photo, I took a long time, ago was how most garages looked from our first hot rod garage in Long Beach to our last family house garage work area. All exposed for dust and falling stuff during the So Cal earthquakes. Even my surfboards had their “hanging from the rafters” location for easy access and restocking after a session at the beach.
    upload_2023-6-29_4-21-38.png A 1963 built home had a larger version of a two car garage, but still not the smooth drywall, insulated walls and built in shelves inside of tall cabinets or low counter area cabinets. Bare bones wall studs and black tar paper for insulation. How quaint.

A two car garage 1963-90s era (recently found photo) The small drill press was at the end of the workbench and the table saw was jammed under the counter until it was needed. I gave away the floor jack due to hitting it in the dark so many times with my sandal worn feet. YRMV

16. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

17. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

18. 4speed411

4speed411

'41 Ford PU, '34 Chevy 3 Window Coupe PXL_20230507_200306782.jpg

Dave Mc, Tow Truck Tom and LAROKE like this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Does outside the garage count?
    Denny's-garage_grey3.jpg

seb fontana and Tow Truck Tom like this.
  20. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

21. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

22. Budweiser

Budweiser
    from california

My work in progress at the moment!! 1930 coupe

Attached Files:

23. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Messy, but fun IMG_6131.jpeg

LAROKE, Dave Mc, Just Gary and 3 others like this.
  24. The garage mahal:
    GarageAtNight-tiltshift.jpg

Dave Mc and hrm2k like this.
  25. upload_2023-10-18_11-24-13.jpeg upload_2023-10-18_11-26-47.jpeg upload_2023-10-18_11-32-14.jpeg upload_2023-10-18_11-40-13.jpeg upload_2023-10-18_11-45-3.jpeg

my garage is mostly a scene of chaos over many years.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  26. BJR

BJR

Always in a state of flux. shop.jpg

LAROKE, Dave Mc and hrm2k like this.
  27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

For R&R of Crosley engine. IMG_0551.JPG

Dave Mc likes this.
  28. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65