Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Nicson 2x1 Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skidder, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Skidder

Skidder

[​IMG][​IMG]

Can some help me determine if this intake can be made to work on my 1957 Chevy 235 inliner? The intake ports are not the same as the 235. I have read about some adaptor rings for a 216 to a 235 but I am not sure what they look like as I have found no pictures. The intake has Nicson GMC small listed on the top. If this intake does not fit a 216/235 then what does it fit. I have tried to search out some information but have not really found anything on this particular intake.
    Thanks

2. gmc 6 banger is different animal.
    bet yer' pm box is gonna explode soon w/ offers

3. Skidder

Skidder

So does anyone know what size GMC engine does this intake fit? I have no real knowledge of GMC six cylinders, saying that I really don't know much about Chevy 235's. It just happens to be the engine I plan to run in my 1950 Chevy Truck.

Turboroadster, Not one PM yet, it looks like this part maybe come a wall hanger.

4. Skidder...wait for the breakfast crowd to wake up.

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Skidder, GMC had a 6 cyl engine series sized at 228, 248, 270, & 302 cid. There were also some rare 236 & 256, IIRC. Anyhow, longer block by 2-2.5", so yeah, different port spacing than your 235. K6

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

If it fits the small port GMC that means up to 270. 302 had larger intake ports. It will still bolt on to a 302. Just somewhat restrictive. Most anyone with a lathe can make adapter rings for you.

7. This is a very nice intake for a 228 GMC. We have a Fenton for a 235, if you want to trade. ;)

8. Skidder

Skidder

That shows you how uninformed I am about GMC Six cylinders. I didn't know GMC's had different displacement engines than Chevy. I just read about GMC's 302 six cylinder, that might be something to consider for another project. I understand the general statement "its only worth what someone is willing to pay." So now I know it will not work on my current 235, can anybody give me a ball park figure what these intakes are worth? I might consider selling it or as stated hang it on the wall for another day. I do appreciate the information provided, I feel a little better knowing what this intake was built for.

9. Kinky6

Kinky6

Skidder, about half of the GMC 302's were used in military 6x6 2.5 ton trucks, from 1953 - 59. There is a guy in California who has an ad in the HAMB classifieds that is trying to sell a 302 at almost scrap metal price. There are a lot of military bases in S.C., and it wouldn't surprise me that there is a 302 in a junk yard within an hour's drive of where you are. K6

10. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

nice intake. Dont really know thier value. All i can compare it to is my 2 nicsons for chevys i bought which ran me 250 a peice. I might be interested in it if your interested in selling.

11. rascon47

rascon47

Im interested in buying it brother if you want to sell it? Call me at 562 292 1917 or email me at [email protected]