Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rick Bales (193257)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by basicbob, Feb 5, 2015.

1. basicbob

basicbob

Rick Bales walked out of his hospital going home today He said he is feeling great & looks forward to thanking each one for their prayers and good wishes.
    I would also like to thank everyone also, Bob

32STUPRES and Maverick Daddy like this.
  2. dmac620

dmac620

Awesome.. Just read the other thread you had earlier today.

3. Cool glad to hear it.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Right on! Did the doctors give him break in instructions? Seriously, glad to hear his is doing well.

afgjr likes this.
  6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

That's great to hear! Looking forward to seeing Rick at an event this summer...

Malcolm

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

8. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Good for you Rick, now you are a double miracle.

9. some good news there !

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - terrific! Thanks for update

11. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Great news! Way to go Rick!!

12. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Excellent news! Good for you Rick!

13. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Glad to hear that all is good and you're headed home. Great news.

14. 193257

Friends and Family
    I just thought I would personally update you and thank you for all your prayers and concerns. As most of you know, I had a heart attack on Oct 29 2012 and have been living with an LVAD (left ventricular assist device) for about the past 2 years and 2 months. I am very thankful for the mechanical heart because it gave me a quality life that I could enjoy. It also came with a small price such as having to live with wearing batteries and multiple other daily things to deal with, but I am very grateful for them. It extended my life for a little over 2 years until I had a heart transplant. On Jan 12 I got a call on my cell phone about 10:00 pm. I almost didn't take the call because it had no caller ID and I thought - who's calling me this time of night? I thought I had better take it so I answered and it was THE CALL I had been waiting on for a couple years. They said they had a perfect match for my heart and to get to the hospital ASAP. Karen and I made it to the hospital about 11:30 pm and they checked me in. About 4:30 the next morning they started to prep me for surgery. About 7:30 on the 13th of Jan they took me in the operating room. The next 5 days - I don't remember anything. They kept me under sedation until Saturday and I finally started to wake up. I started making daily progress and got home on Thursday the 5th of Feb. I can't tell you how glad I was to be home, sleep in my own bed, and sit in my own chair, most of all, eat some decent food. I don't know of anybody that has ever liked either airplane or hospital food!!!! I continue to make daily progress and get stronger every day. I just want to again thank literally hundreds of people for the continued concerns and, most of all , your prayers. I honestly believe without the prayers for me and the doctors and Karen I don't know what the outcome would be. I also would like you to keep the donor family in your prayers. They suffered a tremendous loss of a 19 year old son. I just hope they know that their son's heart still lives on and is giving someone else a second chance in life. Lets face it - NOT EVERYONE GETS A SECOND CHANCE. I'm going to do every thing in my power to make sure that happens. Thank you. Rick Bales

Thor1, Bubba1955, Malcolm and 4 others like this.
  15. Thanks for the whole story Rick! Praying you continue to recover and also praying for the family that lost their 19 year old son.

16. Rick: I will be coming through your area on May 27th. I will be seeing Dickie and Scott and if your up to it we'll catch up with you. I'll bring a pic of my '34 sedan sitting in your dirveway next to your 3 window????? Tim Whitaker

17. 193257

Hey Tim Love to see you. Been a long time. Rick

18. C
    ount on it!

19. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Rick, this is great news..Judy and I were praying for you daily! God does perform miracles and you are a good example of His powers...
    I joined the roadster crowd and purchased a long time friend's car about two weeks ago...I am of the old school and don't really like it being a Gibbon body, but what the heck, it's a super nice car and has a very slick paint job that our buddy Rick Harris put on it in 1997...car was regularly driven often followed by me in the Stude! I'm currently putting some personal touches to it..So great to hear you are doing well! JOE\'S \'32 ROADSTER REAR SHOT 2-15.JPG JOE\'S \'32 ROADSTER WITH NEW SHROEDER 4 SPOKE INDY CAR WHEEL 2-12-15.JPG JOE\'S \'32 ROADSTER 2-12-15.JPG