Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Get yourself punched at Vintage Torque Fest

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36cab, Jan 12, 2015.

1. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Hamb's very own Master of None will be at this year's Vintage Torque Fest punching louvers on his vintage louver press. Nate Gentry of Gentry Kustoms & Restoration will be happy to punch your sheet metal full of louvers during the show. Only $1.50 per hole and all of the money goes to the Helping Hannah's Heart Foundation.

Vintage Torque Fest * May 1st & 2nd * Dubuque Iowa

http://vintagetorquefest.com/

2. Master of None

Master of None

Happy to help out a great cause. We are planning on doing as much as we can at the show, but drop offs are welcome, for larger or multiple panel's. I will work with you for pick ups and or shipping or delivery. Hope to meet a few new hamb junkies at the show!

LONG and wraymen like this.
  3. GTS225

GTS225

Any chance that you have a selection of different sizes or shapes?

Roger

4. Master of None

Master of None

Sorry Roger, all I have is a 3in traditional die. Its square shaped with curved ends, verses the early clam shell style. But I do plan on having strips of louvers available for those who choose to use them for patch panels, or have a different plan for them.

5. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

That's first class!
    KK

6. belair

belair

I agree- first class.

7. Mertaw

Mertaw

Can I reserve a spot line in advance? Bringing the hood on the truck...a couple rows of louvres for charity otta do nicely! Don't wanna bring the project truck unless I know I'm getting louvres for a great price for charity! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1423031437.025080.jpg
    Happy to pay in advance if it's going to charity just wanna make sure it gets done while I'm there. If so to whom and where should I send the check?

8. ...did your press once belong to Jeff Carlson from Minonk, Illinois?

9. Master of None

Master of None

Mertaw, I will p.m. you some info after I get off work. Rusty1, I believe it is. I was able to get some history about it from Voodoo Randy at the rewind. I need to get would of the original pinstriper, and have him do a built by/striped by on it. Its a cool piece of Midwest hotrod history, and Im grateful to be the caretaker.

10. fas 143.jpg ...thanks for the info, saw a photo of it on another thread, it sure looked familiar. Jeff was a great friend of mine, a real hot rodder and always had you laughing. Sadly, he passed on about 10 years ago.
    Here's a couple pics of his 32 way back in 1990....later, he drove this to the Bonneville Flats.
    I'm lookin forward to meeting you and seeing the press at T-fest in May, probly have something punched as well.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  11. Master of None

Master of None

I dont suppose I could get a copy of those pictures.....too cool. Guys have been telling me about his 32 that was as lime green as the lettering. It sounds and looks like Jeff was a hell of a mechanical thinker.... Im really grateful to hear the stories and background of this press

12. sent you a PM,...

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely cool as hell! I wish my press was a bit more mobile so I could do a similar deal.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. LONG

LONG

see you there

15. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are also thinking of shearing up a sheet of aluminum into 8"x8" panels that Nate can punch before the show. He would sell them at the show as souvenirs with all of the money going to HHH. Would there be any interest in this?

16. ...count me in!

17. LONG

LONG

YES! then I'll find a guy to stripe it.

18. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will have pre-punched aluminum panels for sale in three different sizes- 8" x 8" @ $10, 8" x16" @ $20 and 16" x 16" @ $40. All of the money raised from the pre-punched panels and the on-site louver punching will be donated to The Helping Hannah's Heart Foundation.

19. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to everyone that had some louvers punched or that bought a pre-punchd panel. As Nate said in the 2015 VTF thread, they punched 933 louvers over 1-1/2 days and able to donate a good chunk of money to HHH. A big thank you to Nate and Dale Gentry and their friends that kept punching holes.

View attachment 2897008 View attachment 2897011

20. LONG

LONG

those guys were busting ass all day long.

21. Master of None

Master of None

Thanks for coming out to the show. Its a great event, and a even better cause.

22. 2015 t-fest 030.jpg ...nice talkin to you and your mom and dad, and best of luck to your son.
    ...I bought a blank of louvers from you and cut one out and have it hangin in my 48 Ford truck now, it reminds me of my good friend Jeff Carlson who used to own your press.

23. Master of None

Master of None

Thanks for telling me about the history of the press. It is what drew me to it was the look and the engineering that took to build it. I don't consider myself as just the owner of the press, but the care taker of its history. We had several people comment that they had Jeff louver their hoods. It was neat to hear their stories, and want us to louver their new project to match. I hope to someday find the original pinstriper, and have him put his and Jeff's name on it for credit.

A Rodder likes this.