Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 T on A rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Equipped28, Dec 26, 2013.

1. The hood gives it a whole new look!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. That looks real cool and ties the whole car together well. JW

3. Excellent, thanks for the info...what front crossmember are you using? I had measured out 4 1/2" or so on mine (May 1930 chassis). Might need to go back and re-measure; yours looks spot on!

4. Where did you get your windscreen frame from, please? Liking everything about this little car and you are making me get back interest in mine. Thanks for the posts.

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Mine is stock 30/1 front cross member too. There maybe a difference as the body is glass?

6. It's an old repro hallock for a 28/9 model a that I sectioned and had my friend weld back together.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. i feel like i'm going backwards but hopefully i aint. last time its blown apart i hope!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Side profile is fucking killer!

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. Frankensteiner1

Frankensteiner1

I dig this build a lot!

10. Love this build and your attention to detail. Do you have any detailed pics of how your back end is mounted? JW

11. It's just a 39 rear end with the bells flipped and a T spring out front. And then the frame shortened to bring the wheel base back to stock model at 104". I'm tempted to step the rear the depth of the rail. Not sure yet.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. bct

bct

I like it as is.

13. Gonna run different tyres, 600 front & 700 rear, 5.50 & 600 mocking up at the moment. It's looks a lot lower than it is.

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. It has the right stance now and the new tire combo will lift it roughly the same at both ends. Try it first. Oh, and im really digging your car!!!!!! JW :D

15. I've been hammering away on it for the past week or so. to get the T looking finished for a show my girlfriend is doing with her work, Promoting hydraulic hoses.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415896405.845350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415896427.184869.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415896490.069892.jpg

brEad, volvobrynk and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  16. With the change in color it looks a different car, its gone from looking real cool to fantastic !!! JW :D

17. And that's just the primer!

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. OFT

OFT

Sharp looking in primer! What's color to be?
    Earl

19. I was surprised its in primer as it looks like vintage off white satin type of color. COOL!! JW :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. LA armoury show 1948.. Or maybe not!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415993070.878811.jpg

volvobrynk, chaddilac and Hitchhiker like this.
  21. That's just too cool !! JW :D

22. seatex

seatex

Really looking good! I like everything about it. I really dig the hallock style windscreen with the rear deck, it flows, man!

23. on the home stretch now, an idea i've been toying with for a while but now i've put them on i think splash apron's are a keeper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. I like the splash aprons! Cool looking roadster.

25. Loved the car from the start, but not sure on the aprons/valances. JW

26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Thats a nice rod, I would not rind those aprons. I've seen rods that ran with just aprons, but not all can pull it off.

Maybe you should consider making a roll pan, just make it in a shop brake.
    Take along piece of sheet metal, as long as your brake, and bend it 90*, and at then the depth of the frame you make a slight bend, move it 1/2 inch another slight bend and keep doing it till you got the shape of a J, then try putting it between the body and frame and step back an look if it's more the look you would go for.

Then you can eighter make a 4-5 and weld them together, or have a big firm bend one that fits from axel to axel.

That would look better IMHO.

27. Not touched it for a while and wasn't happy with the chassis work i had done i decided to take it to work and blow it apart & finish it once and for all. i wanted to bring the back end down so the tyre fills the arch so with a 2 1/2" kick up and mocked with 700 tyres out back and 600's on the front and i think its pretty spot on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  28. That's looking fantastic and some interesting things in the background. JW:D

volvobrynk likes this.