Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Model A The Harbor Kustom's Coupe, A "Bonneville/Rolling Bones" style build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HarborKustomSpeedShop, May 5, 2014.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice, notice the slice on the bottom. Bob

2. lines look good Justin.

3. Man what a kick ass build, very nice metal work too.
    -Chris

4. Thanks!, yes I had to taper the bottom a little, should only be about 5/8th of inch when done.

Thank you!

Thanks man!

5. Justin, thanks for all the pics, it'll probably save me from some mistakes I would have made on my '31 without seeing how it all fits together. What is the fan setup? I just bought a 53 Merc engine to go in mine and basically I got a pile of parts, some of which are obviously not usable.

6. Thanks nmpontiac, the fan setup was on the engine when I bought it so I don't have any info on it sorry.

7. Thanks, Justin. Here's what I'm starting with. 31 5 window.JPG flathead.jpg

volvobrynk and laidout53 like this.
  8. wow that's in good shape. the interior panels are bitchin man, got any more pictures of the inside?

9. Justin, I don't have any pics that show the rest of the interior - but I will get some taken for you. The headliner is aluminum with the diamond pattern, too. I work for NASCAR at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March and may have to wait until then to get the pics, the body and chassis ('32) are in Las Vegas, NV and the engine is here in Taos. Everything comes back here in March.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    kidcampbell71 and laidout53 like this.
  10. Got it pushed out in the sun today, perfect timing too because I wanted to get a good view of the hood lines. Ill get more pictures up this week.

[​IMG]

Justin

11. oldman2

oldman2

Justin, your baby looks sweet...Jim

laidout53 likes this.
  12. Looks great, Justin.
    Bill

laidout53 likes this.
  13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Justin, Can you take a shot of the hood side and frame area? It looks smooth to me, not like a Rolling Bones build that has a bend 3/4 back in their '32 on '32 rails.

14. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Justin

Looking very nice and i'am impressed with your bracket making skills, as they are spot on the money !!!

G Don

15. ill try and get a picture for you. there is a bend in the frame just like the rolling bones guys do to there frame

Thank you sir!

16. Got the lower section of the grill punched and flared yesterday.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  17. oldman2

oldman2

That is sweeeeet...Jim

18. Thanks Jim.

Here's a teaser of tonight work...

[​IMG]

Tim, kiwijeff and D-Russ like this.
  19. oldman2

oldman2

Justin, that half hood looks great, will it be hinged, or welded in center for one piece look?...Jim

20. Thanks again Jim. It will be hinged, im making that too...

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

So nice to see you are making new top pieces for the hood, just adding to an existing piece never works. I can almost see the frame bend in that photo that I mantioned in an earlier reply. Bob

22. Roupe

Roupe

Always good to roll them outside. Stance looks perfect. Nice job!

23. Thanks Bob, Ya I hoped it would but there would have been to much slicing and welding that it wasn't worth it. heres a picture of the frame from early in the build showing the bends.

[​IMG]

Thanks Roupe!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for that frame shot! The A bodies on '32 rails just look better to me, the bend is less drastic when you use the Spencer/Bones front setup. Bob

laidout53 likes this.
  25. I agree, If I did it again I wouldn't pinch the frame. I would have started the tapper to the front from where the cowl is to make it smoother looking.

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, That is good to know, '32 shell, stretched hood, and '30-31 cowl wouldn't need the bend midway under the hood. Bob

27. Little more progress from Sunday.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff, D-Russ and PurdueSD like this.
  28. oldman2

oldman2

Justin, WOW, that hood looks great, nice work...Jim

laidout53 likes this.
  29. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a killer build --- and very nice work!!
    I'm looking forward to following along with your progress.

Malcolm

laidout53 likes this.