Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Lost my Donna last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Come on back when you feel like it. remember we are here for you. Don in Indiana

3wLarry likes this.
  2. Dave50

Dave50

Thoughts and prayers to you Larry sorry for your loss

3wLarry likes this.
  3. verde742

verde742

So sorry,,
    but remember, a airplane always takes off against the wind..

3wLarry likes this.
  4. I just saw this. My heart goes out to you Larry.

3wLarry likes this.
  5. flamingokid

flamingokid

Larry,I'm so sorry for your loss.Time doesn't make it hurt any less,you just learn how to deal with it.Take your time,we'll leave the light on for you.

3wLarry likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

Dear Larry, a major test in life, please be strong like she would want you to be. You know you are loved by a lot of friends here. Sending healing vibes out to you and your family. R.I.P. beautiful Donna

3wLarry likes this.
  7. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Sorry for your loss Larry.

3wLarry likes this.
  8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Bless you all.... Donna had knee surgery and was watching TV with me Wed. 28th. She got up to get something and went down. She said 'Larry, I feel weird. I'm feeling light headed and weak. I grabbed her and did CPR and called 911, but she went to sleep in my arms. Doctors say it was Pulminary Embolism? A blood clot from her knee went to her lungs and she suffocated from lack of oxygen. They told me nobody survives it. I just thought I should tell you what happened. The Doctors said she was healthy as a horse...that's what hurts so bad...it happened so fast, and she was gone.

9. Jay71

Jay71

Absolutely heartbreaking. I cant even imagine. Peace to you and yours Larry.

3wLarry and volvobrynk like this.
  10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I lost a good friend and neighbor to the exact same thing on April 11th of 2013. He was in the last couple of days of healing from leg surgeries as well, and on the evening of the 10th, he and I sat on his porch and smoked cigars and had a beer to celebrate, the first of either for him in many months. We made plans to drive his '30 Model "A" coupe up to his summer house 110 miles north of here on the 14th... That would have been one hell of a trip in an original car! The next morning I cooked up some breakfast, but couldn't reach him on the phone, so I walked next door to bring it to him and he was gone.... It happens so fast...

3wLarry likes this.
  11. verde742

verde742

After 50 years old < Pulminary Embolism are really common, Get a MRI or cat scan, Doctors will often find the blood clot, before it finds your lungs. Lost three friends last part of last year, and a mutual friend went and got checked, had one in his stomach, the other deaths alerted him to the possibility, saved his life, till later.

3wLarry likes this.
  12. 1gearhead

1gearhead

I know the pain of your loss. My deepest and sincere condolences. I lost my Evelyn some years ago. The pain never really goes away neither does the emptiness, but it does get a little better with time. Remember and cherish the memories of the good times, that's what she would want you to do.

3wLarry likes this.
  13. Truly heart breaking, my family's thoughts go out to yours.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3wLarry likes this.
  14. @3wLarry - So sorry for your loss ... R.I.P. Donna

3wLarry likes this.
  15. Larry, So sorry to hear this....I've been through it as well (at 25). It never goes away, but it will get better. Use your support network, whatever that may be (if you need to, pm me). Holding it all in really didn't help me a whole lot. Keep your chin up, come back when you feel up to it.

3wLarry likes this.
  16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I can't imagine having to go through that (especially so unexpectedly) - it brings a tear to my eye even reading it . You're a tough guy and will get through it eventually . Don't forget you have friends to lean on ... even e-friends like us HAMBers .

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Thank you for sharing. You caused me to count my blessing one more time.

Just Tuesday, my brother-in-law had EXACTLY the same symptoms. He fell and passed out. But he was at Mayo Clinic when it happened. He had just finished his last chemo treatment and was leaving to go to Hope Lodge for the night. The next day was his last radiation treatment. I was in town to help him celebrate.

Fortunately, he was in the perfect place to have a Pulminary Embolism and they were able to reverse the effects of the stroke/heart attack. He will be fine in time...once they completely dissolve the blood clot behind his knee. His clot was caused by the radiation that was burning him up.

Life is short, we never know what the next moment will bring. Cherish each moment and be thankful.

I hope your healing process is beginning.

3wLarry likes this.
  18. CHOP36

CHOP36

So Sorry For Your Loss

3wLarry likes this.
  19. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Larry, I'm so sorry to hear this.
    I'll keep you both in my prayers, brother.

3wLarry likes this.
  20. roughneck424

roughneck424

Oh Man! I dont know if a few kind words someone you do not even know can ease your pain at a time like this. But I do hope it helps, to let you know ,many are thinking of you. I am really sorry to see this happen to a fellow car guy or anyone in that matter. Her picture hits close to home for my Gal also drives a 67 Camaro and your Beloved Donna picture is a stereotypical cool with her arm on the window. God Bless

3wLarry likes this.
  21. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Larry, that makes it all the worse that it happened so suddenly. Blood clots have a nasty habit of killing people sometimes. None the less, remember the good times and it will make things better afterwhile. Use what ever support. PM me if you need to talk. I will miss your posts until you return. All the best to you Larry

3wLarry likes this.
  22. My condolences Larry. I dont have any words that could remotely make a difference, but you and Donna will be in my heart and thoughts.

3wLarry likes this.
  23. Sorry for your loss Larry

3wLarry likes this.
  24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Thanks for the explanation Larry, I'm sure it's appreciated by many of us who've been wondering.

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  25. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Larry, may I extend my sympathies and prayers. As a nurse with a critical care/intensive care background if I can ever help answer any questions please just ask.....Brett

3wLarry likes this.
  26. Larry,
    So sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom to cancer at 55...58 is way to young. Remember the good times often, think of her daily, know she is looking down on you always.

3wLarry likes this.
  27. Budget36

Budget36

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said...damn...hang in there man.

3wLarry likes this.
  28. Moe

Moe

Hang in there Brother... My heart goes out to you and your family.

3wLarry likes this.
  29. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Larry, this is what happened to my 34 year old daughter 6 months ago. She told her co-workers the same thing and she was gone. She was a nurse and was surrounded by R.N.'s and they did everything possible but she just couldn't survive it. I feel so bad for you and your family. Please be assured that you did everything you could and she was very blessed to be so near to you when this happened. I'll share your tears for a while. Many have cried with us too. May God comfort you. Tom.

3wLarry likes this.
  30. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I just got on and saw this, so sorry for your loss. All of our days are numbered, but we hope for them to be longer. Nothing I can say to help ease the pain, just do what you have to do. Other things will still be there when you get ready for them. Take care of yourself first.

3wLarry likes this.