Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Aftermarket Model T rear spring option?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by TULSA, Jan 26, 2015.

1. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Done some searching. Looking for an aftermarket Model T spring, to use on my 30 Coupe build. I have used an original before, that gave the perfect drop. I can not find an original this time around, plus they always are pitted and recommend rebuild.

I know Speedway has a Medium and High Arch spring. I called their Tech department, They say the Medium is recommended for their T buckets, not enough for a A Coupe. I know I could spend $400 plus from a Model T site.

Has anyone used the Speedway High Arch Spring? Looks pretty simular to a T spring. but does look pretty high up.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/High-Arch-Transverse-Rear-Leaf-Spring-39-Inch,2148.html

2. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Sent you a pm, those speedway springs are junk. Read the reviews on their page

3. Call Jim or Jason out at Hot Rod Garage in Sand Springs,,They may have a spring that you need.

4. flyin-t

flyin-t

brokenspoke likes this.

5. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

the guy at t springs is having a reverse eye, t spring profile, model a width spring produced now I think

6. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Thanks guys. My Ol pal Chadillac had a good original for me. In pretty good shape too! He is my personal hot rod salvage yard.

7. 100% Matt

100% Matt

We make a 26/27 T-Spring made to Model A width 2.25". Its a bolt in part that will give you 3" to 4" of drop without making any modifications or the use of shims or spacers. The second picture is a comparison with a stock model a spring. They are available on our website nespeedshop.com

Attached Files:

flyin-t likes this.