Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I'll line up the purple leprechaun lapper, against She'saManAgain!! Might get beat but might surprise some one also ? Just a ol junk 350 with a munchie 4 speed ? We can make this happen?? :)

Tickety Boo, 30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's the shit Art!Unleash the fury!
    Might be a few cars getting "Grape Raped" if Art cuts a good light and rows them gears just right!:)

Scott

30dodgeboy, II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Let me know when your ready to set the toe in...I want to make sure theres no death wobble, so there is no excuses.

55belairx2 and beebee78 like this.
  4. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Lol yea no death wobble would be a good thing!! Lol maybe a few test hits wouldn't be a bad thing either! ;)

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Make sure its toe out.lol

55belairx2 likes this.
  6. If its toe out, you better name that thing "The Wanderer"

30dodgeboy likes this.
  7. miss adjusted toe will not cause death wobble.

8. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

My Malibu death wobbled when we 1st got it done and the only change we made was toe. Fixed it. And I have never used a (bandaid) also called a steering stabilizer on my axle car.

9. Just make sure you're in the right lane, since that Launchin' Leprechaun likes to leap left at the line...

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I hope to have that cured this year...no more street parts.

powrshftr and 30dodgeboy like this.
  11. theres always a exemption here and there. i don't like the stabilizers either.

12. Kip found out that TCI street rod ladder bars are for drifting, not drag racing. :)

30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yea I was with joe on that death wobble ride and let's just say it was not a deal !! Was pry worse than one of Pannetons earthquakes out in Cali !! Not what I wanna experience ! Thought All Hacked Up was gonna be renamed Shake Rattle and Roll! :)

55belairx2 likes this.
  14. Yeah - drifting right into the tree!!! LOL

beebee78 likes this.
  15. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Sorry folks, the Meltdown Monday update is a little late this week...This week is all about the coupe's...We know everybody loves the Koop's, but these are those other types of coupes and I heard that some of them are pretty fast...

51_Reisen_coupe.JPG 62_Flammer_coupe.jpg 68-Tucci_coupe.jpeg 86_Hampton_coupe.PNG 96_Morley_coupe.jpg 139_Davis_coupe.jpg 167_Kamp_coupe.JPG

enloe and saltflats like this.
  16. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Coupe's part two...

20130717_102449.jpeg

17. bigslim55

bigslim55

Hum? Death wobble? Maybe that's what I felt at the top end at GLD on my last run before I broke! All I know is R/F had wicked shimmy! I thought a cord broke in tire or wheel weights had come off but they look normal? I even checked bolts that hold fender & core support on & everything was tight... I'd of swore the fender came loose, it was a dancing!
    My plan was take fronts in & have em checked to see if there still balanced? Haven't gotten to that yet... Or maybe the shock went bad? It was a WTF moment because that run was fastest I'd been in the car & it was a lil scary!
    Jim...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

When my Malibu Death Wobbled you couldn't hold on to the wheel it was so violent and you had to come to a complete stop for it to stop doing it.

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  19. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I will have you know i have trimmed probably 8" off my beard, i figure i gained at least 2 tenths from that alone.

30dodgeboy, enloe, II FUNNY and 2 others like this.
  20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Yeah,what he said!:D

And wtf Tony,Joel's hairier than I am,how did you instantly associate ME with "The Dude" instead of Joel?

By the way,how are things coming along with the car Joel?Is "Team North" showing up loaded for bear this year?:)

Scott

21. powrshftr

powrshftr

I've had a bike start "tank slappin " like that,and it's no fun.I bet Jim and Joe just about shit the first time that happened in their cars.
    After putting all that work into something,usually your first though is not "Uh-oh!My safety might be in jeopardy here!",but more like "If I wreck this car I effin QUIT!":D

Scott

22. bigslim55

bigslim55

I didn't experience anything that bad! The shimmy became noticeable at the upper 80's & when I hit traps at almost 94mph it was getting pretty violent... Definitely some scary SH•T!!!! Jim...

23. I've had the tank slap happen to me during a hard accelleration out of a toll booth. One of the scarier moments on a bike and I've had a few. :)
    I haven't had it at the track yet though.

24. i had a shaking problem above 75 mph and it turnrd out to be a tire that was bad. the tire was balanced in the usual way and checked out fine. then i had it road balanced on a hunter road balance machine. it showed 29 ounces out. the tire was junk. got a new tire and the problems went away. on another car i had wobble it turned out to be the drag link. i had made it out of 5/8 solid round stock. it would flex at times and thats all it took to start the shake. i changed it to heavey wall 3/4 tuding and it went away. another car had the shake and it turned out to be a bad king pin. there is a thread on the hamb devoted to the death wobble. there seems to be no limit to the reasons on why it happens.

25. Scott it wasn't the Sasquatch facial hair - it was the joint being dropped and put out with a beer while driving :D You sounded like you were having one of those days.

26. bigslim55

bigslim55

This may be a lil off topic but I was just shopping & picked up Hot Rod Deluxe mag, Meltdown Drags caught my eye on front cover! They had a nice spread on the Meltdown! But what really caught my eye was pic of "Scene at the Meltdown Drags", I thought it was really cool to see my brother Scott's car in the pic, almost right next to Yesterday's Child.
    Tomorrow (1/29) would of been his 38th B-Day! What a fitting B-Day present, he would of been running all over showing people his car in pic in Hot Rod Deluxe!
    Happy B-Day Scott! Your big bro Jim! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422475788.268312.jpg

27. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Looks like I was facing the wrong way when they snapped the pic. LOL . I've got my back to the camera standing next to my car. Thanks for sharing that.

^^^^Those coupes posted look awesome, I would love to find and do a Pontiac version.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    twoponchos likes this.
  28. It's a crying shame that we drove all that way, and didn't do more visiting with all our HAMB'r buddies while we were there. We were so busy getting new combo bugs out of our car, I looked up from my timing tab, and it was time to pack up and go home. Jim, I didn't know you had lost your brother, sure sorry to hear that.

55belairx2 likes this.
  29. Well Ric, just show up earlier and stay later... problem solved!

powrshftr likes this.