Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods stolen please help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kombi66, Jan 25, 2015.

1. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Lot of people in turlock for the swap heading every were on their way home. Should be some Info somewhere...

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have word out to the local speed shops and parts houses that cater to the preformance crowd for news of someone who probably couldn't afford a blower motor all the sudden having a serious blower motor for his car be it race car, street rod or Camaro style pro street car.

Anyone who knows how running a digger at the drags works would know that it is going to get a serious going over at any drag strip in the country and it most likely wasn't stolen to be raced. .

It's a sad deal but screwballs will steal something like that that they have no use for just to steal it these days.

3. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso
    from Las Vegas

Good luck. Sorry to hear.

4. Sonsabitches!

5. you know damn well what he means, yes, it sucks whales balls the FED got stolen, yes, it does make some sense to secure it a smidgen better than it was or appeared to be.
    It is indeed fucked that its gone, but damn man, in this day and age, you HAVE to be in tune with your surroundings and the shitty society we created. Sadly, I too think it was asking to be taken if it was sitting on a trailer in a driveway with zero security. That doesnt mean I agree with it being stolen and dont feel the owners pain.
    I hope you find it and the turds that ganked it.

wbrw32 likes this.
  6. check each and every scrap yard, go with a picture printed out that you can leave for them to help identify individual parts. take the time to go to the border if your close and alert the folks there.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I too hope for a speedy return of the vehicle.. Stolen is stolen !, regardless as to whether the car was in a garage, museum , or driveway. the fact is its that persons property not abandoned and free for the taking. I have old cars parked in my driveway and they are mine, not scrap.

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. suedestude

suedestude

when you find them cut their BALLS off.

9. amadeus

amadeus

I will keep watch at the local Hi-Perf swap we have here every month (Long Beach) as well as CL in the Los Angeles area.
    Hope You find it!

Heres a bump for you..

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Thats crap, NO different than when a guy says "it wasnt rape, look what she was wearing."
    So, any hot rod sitting in a driveway is mine for the taking because it SHOULD be in a secured garage? Hope you feel the same when your ride disappears.
    It was an asshat comment, and my surprise was because he usually doesn't make asshat comments.

racingonerobb likes this.
  11. EXACTLY.

12. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:mad: Now that just sucks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

13. WE!!!!
    Count me out of that equation. I didn't cause Stockton to become the shithole that it is today.

I do hope the car is found, though.

turboroadster likes this.
  14. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Although I have no help, to offer, I can an will offer my sympathy!

And if Don ask how and from we're it was stolen it's him doing detectives work, in a way to offer better help and input.
    Because if it was not stolen from you driveway, no need to encourage you to ask you neighbors!

But ALL the Ideas people comes with here are all sound and good. And if Don's sound unfriendly, that's for the OP to dedide, not for others HAMBers to get on his neck about!

When it comes to theft, it's always a PITA, but if you want your things back, set the world shaking, and look for "loose change" to fall off!!

And if non of this makes sence, at least it brings BTT.

PS remember to use Emotion Icones, so people know how you would say it, and in what mude.

15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Betcha the thieves, if they are car guys at all, are itching to hear that thing run...

16. Has anyone heard of a wrecked rail at a track somewhere? It may have been taken for the chassis, etc.

I would plaster every telephone pole in the area with a picture of the car and a contact number.

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

Some crackhead likely took it - it was probably a crime of opportunity (looked too tempting sitting there) - I would check scrapyards way before swapmeets and racetracks - also, put the word out on the trailer - they may keep it and/or use it to haul the scrap

Also, this is the second time in recent history on here that a trailer/car combo was stolen, it was caught on tape, and the footage is useless......

Very sorry for your loss....It sucks when others take or destroy what you have worked hard for and has sentimental value that you cant replace....

18. gimmie a break, I never said I condone the actions of thieves, I did say we need to be aware they are everywhere and will take your shit!

19. I can see both sides here.
    However I think helping the man get his drag car returned is for more important than arguing over weather it should or shouldn't have been in the driveway!!!

seatex likes this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

The OP has stated there was a video, but wasn't clear..Who's video was it?

21. seatex

seatex

Good luck, I sure hope you get it back.

22. kombi66

kombi66
    from stockto ca

thank you everyone for your eyes and ears and once again if i came off kinda dickish please forgive me... my sister was more like a mom to me and she is responsible for me being a car nut so i was a lil overly sesnitive... when i talk to my brother in law (alan addison) tonight i will see if i can get the vid footage from him

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. I've seen several cases here in Texas where the storage outfit was involved in classic car thefts. When I saw the words "had just lost the storage for it" I became suspicious. Might have a buddy drop a word about "needing a blower" near the storage guys' ears.......

25. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

We [I'm sure] understand...The reason I ask about the video is maybe a putor wise person can get something positive out of it [they do it on tv] or have the police had a time with it?

26. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Back to the top, lets find this thing!

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I would bet a couple of things. First of all, that the car wasn't moved very far. That one going down the road was going to attract a lot of attention and they needed to get it hidden asap. Secondly, I think they really wanted the motor.....the rest will probably be parted out and gotten rid of. That motor would be the most appealing part of t he car because the rest is too recognizable and distinctive.

Go to local convenience stores and places like that, they usually have cameras and might have caught the trailer being towed past their place. Post flyers at car parts stores with a reward. Gear heads who shop their might have some info on seeing it somewhere.

Don

Gary Reynolds and volvobrynk like this.
  28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd agree with Thirty Two, in that it was parted out. Nobody in there right mind would try to race, sell or scrap the chassis.
    My guess is that it was hauled to a warehouse or shop and the drivetrain and front/rear ends were pulled. They'll probably dump the chassis and trailer somewhere in the middle of the night.
    The other possibility is that it was stolen and hauled straight to a remote location, field stripped of the goodies, then the chassis/trailer left in place/dumped off the beaten path (you need a helicopter to locate it). Your hope here would be fingerprints.

Can you provide details or close up photos of the valve covers, blower, etc. so a swap meet shopper could easily I.D. them?

Did the storage employees know you didn't have immediate home storage (possibly they overheard your conversation or you volunteered the info) and may have been involved?

29. ems customer service

ems customer service

check ebay and craigs list for it being parted out and "racing junk.com"