Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features JOHN D'AGOSTINO'S NEWEST KUSTOMS FOR 2015 !

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jonnie King, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

John D'Agostino always has some of the most-meticulously-crafted kustoms on the Planet ! His association with Oz over the last decade or so has produced so many of the most unbelievable cars you've ever seen ! Their collaboration on the "Gable" '41 Packard brought-in $495,000.00 at Barrett-Jackson, January 17th, 2015. (See that car in the inset at the bottom of this Thread.)

THE CARS SHOWN BELOW, are John's newest debuts for 2015. John and I talked about 'em last week, and with some back-and-forth eMails yesterday, John he sent me these pics: The '68 Riviera, the "Pantheon", is sweet, smooth, and, beautiful !

The first pic you see is from the early stages of the build, the completed version is shown next. What you see in the second pic is the "Pantheon" in its full-height Crusin'-mode. This car is fully-bagged, and at the shows you will see it on-the-ground !! The Interior photo shows the craftsmanship of the legendary Bob Divine of Bob Divine Custom Interiors...just gorgeous !

IN THE LOWER PHOTOS, you see the "Elvis III", '59 Caddy, hand-built, perfectly-purportioned, by Celebrity Kustoms...in Milan, Italy !!! John is so proud of this car !

Enjoy the views...all photos are from John to me to share with you !
    ("Gable", 41 Packard pic, courtesy of Barrett-Jackson Auctions.)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    jakespeed63, kiwijeff and hidez57 like this.
  2. I want to see Pantheon laid down! Beautiful!

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jonnie, I've been wanting to see what OZ has been up to. Looks like another kool Kustom from OZ's shop.
    Some guys just have an eye for kool and OZ always comes through.

I did a Quick photo shop to give us an idea what she will look like bagg'd out.

1aa.jpg 1aaa.jpg

The paint is a purrfect choice.

bct likes this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks Jonnie for keeping us up to date on these beautiful rides

5. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I can't wait to see the Riv at the Sacramento Autorama.

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

JJ...

Thanks ! That Rivi has SO much work in it ! John & Oz make it look simple...but we all know how much work it takes to make it "look simple" !

Best to you, my friend...

7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Mick...

Hey ! Thanks amigo...good hearing from you ! Missed you in Salina last year, but I knew you were there !!

Thanks for the photo shop pic ! Take a close look at the wheels John used this time around...very similar, but slightly different spokes, to the Roadster Wires that I have on the "INVICTA". You can hear John's take on the builds at this link: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage58.html

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

55chrysler...

It will be there...John's excited to show it off. These Rivi's are usually not given as much attention as the '63-'65's, BUT they are awesome in their own way !

straykatkustoms likes this.
  9. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

More masterpieces from an old master. Too cool.

10. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Martin...

You're so right ! John is just a wonderful guy who eats, sleeps, and, breathes kustom cars ! He talks about working with that wonderful craftsman, Oz, and some of the problems that came up due to time & travels , as well as his next-in-line, rare, mind-blowing, '58 Packard 2-seater they're building, here: http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage58.html

Thanks for your perfect assessment of the work they combine to do, Martin !

11. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Whats the name of that Blue? That is sweet!

12. froghawk

froghawk

Love the color on the Riviera! The Packard is very cool!

The '59 Caddy is an object lesson in the importance of the original side trim to the design of that car.

13. Just a question: Does he have these cars built for himself or customers? If he keeps them he must have quite a collection.

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Surfcityrocker...

Yes, John's cars are built for him, and he does have quite a collection. But, he also loans them out to museums like the Petersen, and, after they debut here, takes them overseas to shows in Australia, Norway, Estonia, and many other areas to show. Later, he sells some of them when approached by a buyer who wants it for their collection.

Many years ago when it came up for sale, I was interested in John's "90 Day Wonder", a beautiful '57 Eldorado Seville (NOT the Gene Autry Seville)...this was shortly after I had purchased the late-Manuel Arteche's '61 Buick the " Invicta", and just before John & I met. Someone else got it, but that was okay with me as I was having a great time with the INVICTA...and cruising it was nothing short of phenomenal ! You can see it now on display at Darryl Starbird's National Rod & Custom Car Museum in Oklahoma.
    (Here's the Link to John's story about the legendary Gene Autry's '57 Eldorado Seville...with Bill Hines magic worked on the body & paint ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/gpage6.html )

Thanks again, Surfcityrocker...good questions !