Register now to get rid of these ads!

No email Notifications

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by GearheadsQCE, Nov 13, 2014.

1. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry to say, but I'm not getting any email notifications. Not from newly subscribed or carry overs from the old format. Am I doing something wrong r not ding something right?

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Seems like it got fixxed for a while but now I'm not getting them again....

3. Click on the oscar at the right hand top of the page [​IMG]scroll down to preferences and check what searches or post you want to receive e-mails. HRP

4. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

It's selected but intermittant. I think once you get a notice no additional updates are sent unless you check them through the computer. It may just be me thinking it should work one way verus the way it does.

5. There are a bunch of different options relating to e-mails. HRP

• Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
      • and receive email notifications of replies
    • Automatically watch media that you add or when you comment...
      • and receive email notifications
    • Automatically watch albums that you create or when you comment...
    • Automatically watch categories that you add media to...

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks HRP

7. desertdroog

desertdroog

I am experiencing no email notifications as well. The last ones I received were on 12/03/2014. I checked my alert preferences, and everything is checked to notify me via email. Is there some master switch that nulls those settings, because it isn't working for me for whatever reason.

8. weldtoride

weldtoride

My question is in regards to my Watched Forum feature, not email subscriptions to individual threads.

My time on the HAMB has been limited of late, so last summer I tried toggling Watched Forums, (the Custom Forum to be specific) instead of individual thread subscriptions.

Nice feature, with one exception.

I cannot see how to regulate the email frequency to once a week. My trouble is not with the frequency of the emails, but with the spam ad posts, many in "rewry baed Engrish," that find their onto the HAMB, and then flung expediently to my inbox. The spam is removed pretty quickly from the forum, I am sure, as you guys are good at that, but quite often not before it ends up in my inbox.

I figure that if I get the updates once a week, or otherwise somehow delayed through the miracle of software programming, (my facetiousness here is targeted at myself because I know less than zilch about the difficulty of my suggestion) you will have scrubbed the majority of spam out by then.

Anyways, if the annoyance remains, it is a small price to pay for such great content. I would like to thank Ryan and all admin and fellow members for providing a truly great forum.

9. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

My problem is just the opposite from this thread ? About a week ago , I started getting numerous email notifications ( 50-60 per day ) on seemingly every thread response on the board . I have gone thorugh the option list shown above and made sure all options are NOT checked . Still getting the notifications but seem to be less than a few days ago ? Ideas ?

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I fixed this for you.

11. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

Ryan , I appreciate your help ! Unfortunately I'm still getting the responses as before ? Every day , I spend 10 minutes deleting emails from Hamb .
    This is a great site which I don't get to visit as much as I like . Any further help to resolve this will be truly appreciated ! Thank you !

12. This is the same situation I'm experiencing and exactly the same time frame when it began. I thot it was probably just a glitch that wud work itself out, but so far it hasn't.:confused:

13. TS057

TS057
    from Fargo, ND
    1. shoe box hambers

Add me as having the issue as well... I get some alerts but there seem to be others not coming through.

Also - is there still a way to set the notification frequency like on the old forum (daily / weekly / etc.). Thanks!

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you aren't getting the notification, check your spam folder... also put jalopyjournal.com on your "safe" list...

15. desertdroog

desertdroog

I don't know what changed, but I went to go double check my safe list (jalopyjournal.com has never been in my spam folder and has been on my domain safe list since board version 3), and lo and behold, I have HAMB notifications starting at 6:43 am. Not sure what changed Ryan, but it looks like the log jam is broke.

Thank you for your attention.

EDIT: One thing to double check, if your email software/account/service offers it, is to add [email protected] to your safe mailing lists, in addition to what Ryan suggested to adding just the domain for your safe sender list. Some services like Hotmail (which uses Outlook) has these two options separated.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  16. I, too, began receiving email notifications today at 0715 EST, although I'm not sure I'm out of the woods just yet. I followed your instructions, Ryan, noted above on 26 Jan. I checked the Junk folder, which was empty, and added "jalopyjournal.com" to my "safe" list, which already contained [email protected]. From 26 Jan to 0715 on 3 Feb, I received no email notifications, although updates to my watched threads were occurring. Today, 3 Feb, I received four email notifications of updated watched threads. They are:

THREAD POSTINGS EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
    0615 3 Feb +2 more @ 0704 & 1519 0715 3 Feb was only notification rcvd
    0621 3 Feb 0721 3 Feb
    0645 3 Feb 0745 3 Feb
    1011 3 Feb +3 more @ 1047, 1158 & 1330 1111 3 Feb was only notification rcvd

As of 1800 EST today, 3 Feb, the below were additional watched thread updates that occurred but no email notification was rcvd.

THREAD POSTINGS NO EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
    0724 3 Feb "
    1101 3 Feb "
    1119 3 Feb "
    1241 3 Feb (Desertdroog's post in the no notification thread) "
    1335 3 Feb "
    1603 3 Feb "
    NOTE: Each of the ten entries listed are different threads. I believe the hour time differences are due to different time zones and are actually the same time.

Obviously, something happened on your end for me and Desertdroog to start receiving email notifications on the same day at about the same time, so I wanted to give you a heads up as to what happened on my end, especially since not all thread updates came with an email notification. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  17. CORRECTION: At 0027 4 Feb, I just received the notifications for Desertdroog's 1241 3 Feb post, which was sent at 1241 3 Feb, and the notification for the 1603 3 Feb post, which was sent at 1603 3 Feb. But, still missing others.
    I see my post above got scrambled a bit as I had the columns all neatly placed when I typed it. I apologize for that, but I think it's still readable. I'd probably make it worse if I tried to unscramble it.