Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Trying to paint custom '32 bull nose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wex65, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Muttley

Muttley

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

You can also try thinning the paint enough to get it through a hypodermic needle, dabbing it on and letting it flow to the edges. Two coats on the open areas.

3. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

I have good success with this micro mask product. You paint it on (The brushes Muttley recommends would work well) let ti dry and then use an exacto knife to trim it to your liking. Paint the whole thing then peel the masking off. You can find it at any well stocked hobby store.

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/microscale/mi-7

i.rant likes this.
  4. I have had success with the thin and flood they blowby suggested. I found if I thinned an flooded then allowed the piece to heat up a bit. ( it was summer and I put it in the sun) the paint flowed nicely.

5. So, what's the latest

6. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Being honest, I got pretty distracted...

Had some serious crap going down in my business, getting ripped off by an employee for a serious chunk of change. Been hard to focus on much else. Don't know what this world is coming to...

Hoping to get back onto this next week and get some additional paint on the bullnose.