Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 chevy kustom question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by lukey, Jan 19, 2015.

1. lukey

lukey

I'm looking for info on a 1955 chevy wagon (maybe sedan) turned el camino. I believe it was called kandy kart, but not 100% sure. It had quad headlights, can't remember much else. I saw a black and white photo years ago and was just thinking about it. I thought maybe a bailon build, but the 55 he did wasn't quad lights. I know it's vague, but hoping somebody has a better memory than me. Thanks!

-LUKEY-

2. TraditionalKustoms

TraditionalKustoms

Hey @lukey. There was actually a post on Jalopy Journal about the Nomad turned pickup a few months ago.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=24111

Here are a few additional pics too...

1) Front pic, before the major body mod
    2) Front pic, here's Frank Livingston standing with Joe Bailon at the '57 National Roadster Show (note the different grille treatment)
    3) Rear angle

Attached Files:

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

I remember this one well ! Think it's somewhere in the Archives of my "Little Pages".
    Kool, indeed !

PS: Frank & Joe are, thank God, still with us. Good friends, good people...known 'em for years. Quality all the way, and true pioneers in the kustom world !

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. lukey

lukey

Thanks guys! I have never been a fan of wagons turned pickups, but this one I really like.