Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What do you guys think? Interactive hot rod event map. Beta test.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Been working on this for a little bit....

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zm4BEo-LzFVw.keKM0boO_GPA

I actually started this whole thing because I had suggested a west coast TROG and lots of people chimed in that all the events are on the west coast. As you can see so far most of what I have heard about is east coast and mid west....

My only conlusion is west coast events need to advertise better. Help me out to balance it out.

I'd like to do a world wide version so overseas stuff would be welcome too. But it will have to wait till I finish the North American version.

If one of your events is listed here with out info or links or if you would like to add your event. Please PM me with a link to a website and a small description of your event. Please limit this to large traditional hot rod shows. The type of events that many people travel too. No local cruise night stuff. I want the type of stuff you expect pictures threads from.

Let me know what you guys think as well. Would you use this? waste of time?

Thanks

Matt

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    tb33anda3rd, patmanta and Sprout like this.
  2. I think it's a pretty slick idea. Nice to be able to check out the actual route you can take to an event, Good work, can be helpful.-MIKE

3. I think it's a really great idea. Its an easy and quick way to see what shows are going on around you, or what shows you'd like to plan a trip to go see. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

4. fras2

fras2

excellent idea. Very smart

5. Great idea! I've always wished there was one location to see all the events during the year. Putting them on a map is icing on the cake. Let's keep it going.

6. Very good idea! Could be expanded into other categories like HAMB breakfasts, points of interest, etc. to become a valuable planning tool.

Hope you hear from the Relix Riot (at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, MI); the Rust Revival (in Wayland, MO) and Vintage TorqueFest (in Dubuque, IA).

Thanks for taking the time to compile.

Deadbird likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

neat! big huge gaping hole in the Southwest.....maybe add Viva las Vegas?

8. 2935ford

2935ford

Hey, nice work........great idea! Thanks

9. Don't forget Bonneville in Wendover UT.

10. Great idea! Thanks for putting it together. I will definitely be following along to see where this ends up.

11. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

You don't have Back To The 50's yet?:eek: I'll see if I can send you a link.

12. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Add carlisle and hershey

mink likes this.
  13. Frog follies is 48 and earlier (unless it just changed), will that qualify?

14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Looks like a road trip waiting to happen. :)

15. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

What a great resource. Thanks for the effort. Now, come on SoCal you guys are lagging!

16. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best idea since sliced bread. Especially for tourists planning a holiday. Please keep this updated.

17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Great idea Matt, and quite a bit of work too!
    I personally would add the NHRA reunions also.
    Thanks for taking the time to do this.
    KK

18. I will add all of these. I don't know that there is really a "qualification" for what should and will be posted. I just want to steer in the direction of Hamb friendly events and avoid the type of events where the mustang and corvette clubs show late model "collector" cars....if you catch my drift....

anyways. thanks for the encouragement. it's kinda a real back burner project....but looks like it could be useful for us.

19. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well done, hitchhiker!

20. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Great idea ! When it goes global put us down. Asphalt Demons invitational. You can check out our previous events on Facebook Johnny

21. I think it's a great idea,thanks for starting this. HRP

22. Zenbone

Zenbone

awesome idea! LOVE IT

23. Great Idea, How about Hot Rod Reunion in Kentucky and Jalopy Drags at Beaver Springs Pa.

24. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Neat idea, looks like the one started a few years ago with HAMB members instead of events.

25. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Very nice. Maybe this should have its own tab under EVENTS on the HAMB.
    I guess year to year, it may take some updating, & obviously not all will be strictly traditional, but pretty sweet map tool. Thanks

26. GTS225

GTS225

How far you want to take this? Goodguys events? Smaller local shows or runs? We have a spring show put on by the Black Hawk County street Machines club, where everything is welcome. The organizers put together a flyer with about every event in Iowa and surrounding states, listed in chonological order throughout the season.

Roger

27. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

EXCELLENT idea. I travel quite a bit for work and it would be a great resource to see if there is anything gong on in the Cities that I travel to.

Nice Work.
    VR&C.

28. You get an oversize gold star on your report card!

29. bct

bct

excellent idea . you are the best type of hamb member. makin this place and events better. very proactive.

30. Roadsir

Roadsir

Nice work and a great idea, would be neat if the pins could be colored to indicate race versus show or if the dates could be displayed to help do some route planning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.