Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is Halibrand back in Culver City for 2015?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ringleader, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

It looks like they are just starting the website as very little inventory is on it (4 items 2 of which are shirts) copyright is 2015... anyone she'd any light on this?

http://halibrandengineering.com/

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I emailed them just waiting for a reply back....

3. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

the "non quickchange" rear end and description listed on the web site is a dead ringer for the Don Orosco unit. so, maybe it`s his deal.
    tom

4. This could get interesting, this one bills itself as "The New Halibrand"...............http://www.halibrand.com/index_frames.htm
    but still has a Kansas phone number......same ol' guys that messed up a good thing?
    Who's who at the zoo? I suppose the differences in name could avoid trademark infringement issues, but certainly could lead to confusion if nothing else.

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Last I knew they were still in Wellington Kansas. A friend of mines customer ordered a set of wheels. It sounds like you place the order, give them your specs and they mill the wheels backspace and bolt pattern.

6. Curious to see where this all leads.

7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

News to me. Thanks for the post. The Non-QC price at $1700 seems high to me and it appears to be just the casting. I do believe this is a new venture not the Kansas "New Halibrand". I will be following this for the V8 quick change housing and parts. I wonder if they acquired the old tooling or just developed the new technology?

8. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I know tons if not most of the molds and tooling were sold years ago. I hope it goes back to the way it was before it moved to Kansas. I've always thought if I hit the powerball that's a brand I'd bring back to its original glory. I just can't pick the correct damn numbers! Haha

9. Funny that this came up, ran across a brochure from them I got back in the 90's. Watching also..

10. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Lynn,
    Take 118 East to the 405 South to Culver City, 43.1 miles according to Google. you may have to hang around the post office to find the CEO. Let us know what you find out.:)

11. banjorear

banjorear

Watching this post for updates as well. Man, is that what a no change center goes for new. I guess I never should have sold my original one.

12. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I will be at the GNRS next week and should find out about the Culver City Halibrand Co.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No phone and no street address, sounds more than a bit shaky to me.

14. I am watching this my self....

15. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

Still no email back from the company. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking....

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Can't return to the Heydays and todays California is not business friendly.

17. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Pat O'Brien of Real Rodders Wheels is behind the relaunch of the Halibrand name...