Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical STOLEN TRAILER ALERT!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lump, Jan 16, 2015.

1. lump

lump

Stolen trailer alert! To all my friends and HAMB acquaintances, we really need your help. Last night one of our best enclosed trailers was stolen off the lot in Xenia, Ohio. Photos art included to help you. It is a HAULIN brand concession-style enclosed trailer, with 2 doors and a window. We use it for selling admission tickets for our CARS & PARTS SPRINGFIELD swap meet. It is silver in color, single axle. Ohio license plate SUY 5231. It has the wedge-shaped front, to help reduce wind drag. If you see it, notify your local police dept or the state patrol. It has already been reported to Xenia police. PLEASE help if you can! Reward will be paid for info leading to arrest and conviction of the thief or thieves.

Attached Files:

2. lump

lump

I HOPE that I have listed this in the proper location. If not, please accept my apology. Mods feel free to move it, and kindly send me instructions as to how I should have done it. Thank you everyone for any help you can offer.

3. reposted on a local car group here in northeast pa

4. You do have a number on the roof so it can be tracked with a helicopter......

62hotcat likes this.

5. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

Sorry to hear it . This has to stop. How can people keep stealing things without a thought to the people who worked to get what they have. I hope they rot in Hell. Hope you get it back in one piece.

6. Trailer theft is at a epidemic all time high lately! HRP

7. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I feel your pain as I too had a trailer stolen. I found it, not the Police!!! Eyes are open in Little Rock, Ar. Don't give up faith.

8. 117harv

117harv

I don't want to rub salt in the wound, but that trailer was begging to be taken. Remove the wheels when not in use, and or make a custom one off hitch that can be taken off. I hope they catch them and you get it back. Take action/precaution now guys, don't wait until it's too late, and don't keep cars/valuables in an enclosed trailer.

9. lump

lump

No, sadly not. Would have been a great idea. Will try that in the future.

10. lump

lump

Just discovered an error in my post....the front is NOT wedge shaped!

11. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Will keep a lookout in the Columbus area.
    KK

12. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looking here in Wisconsin, hope you get it back!

13. lump

lump

Thanks so much for your help.

14. kennyg1931

kennyg1931

Hay Lump ,I'll be watching here down in the Wilmington area and will tell my friends to watch too , hope you catch the thieves !

15. slowmotion

slowmotion

I'll keep an eye out over on this side of the state.

16. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Have you checked with the Harley dealer next door? I wander if they used it to steal a bike.

17. I'll agree that a number painted on the roof sounds like a great idea....but...what are the odds that the Highway Patrol/ Police Dept/Law Enforcement would launch an aerial search just for a stolen trailer??? I know for a fact helicopter per/ hr operating costs are expensive.... just asking...

18. I was thinking the same thing. And the satellite view in Google maps only gets updated every couple of years.

19. A large number on the roof can be seen by any helicopter, not specifically looking for your trailer, but like a license plate, could be checked on a database for a stolen trailer.

20. you guys are overlooking something. Its not just a helicopter that can see the number but anyone on an overpass. such as an officer shooting people with a speed gun. or any semi truck!

21. Good point... slim odds , but it could happen...

22. txturbo

txturbo

or by a drone.....they are getting really popular these days.

23. lump

lump

Nothing yet. Looks like it's gone forever.

Damn, I HATE a thief.