Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '54 Ford Mainline Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by childersbros, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Congratulations on the recent addition. HRP

2. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

Check on the 54 site, one of the small Ford car spindles will work on it with minor modifications. You will have front disc and calipers . I don't have them on my car, it is a 53 and different . Like your plans for it.

3. SJ13

SJ13
    from PNW

4. Sj13 looks great love the scallops

5. The car is on the ground for the first time in awhile, plus my oldest is helping today.

Attached Files:

6. Rear has 3" lowering blocks

Attached Files:

7. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

childersbros likes this.
  8. Yeah that's my brothers car. He is getting close on it these are the fenders on it. They are done with a sharpie then cleared.

Attached Files:

9. Great start so far. Looks pretty solid overall!

10. I got in the flake I'm gonna use on the engine. I also installed my throttle pedal installed and mounted my wiring harness.

Attached Files:

11. Hope to get some pictures of some progress this weekend, it has been a slow road lately with the new baby and my wife has been in and out of the hospital.

I'm thinking of spraying the roof silver with the metal flake that is on the engine what do you guys think?

12. Finally got to work on the car a little. Pulled the dash and started body work on the firewall.

Attached Files:

13. Engine Painted and Flaked 20150520_192945_resized.jpg 20150520_193445_resized.jpg

guthriesmith and TailDrag like this.
  14. Firewall is painted ready to start going in with the engine finally.

Attached Files:

guthriesmith likes this.
  15. Looking good!

childersbros likes this.
  16. Made a vinyl steering column gasket. Thought it looked better than the standard black rubber plus was able to lose the extra holes in the original. 20150525_170844_resized.jpg

Eric H and voodookustoms like this.
  17. Engine bling. 20150530_204053_resized.jpg 20150530_204053_resized.jpg 20150531_183124_resized.jpg

voodookustoms likes this.
  18. Looks like you are making progress! Think you can make our September 19th run?

19. I don't know I will try. It's slow going.

20. Yeah had some issues with the rear frame mounts so body came off. Thanks to a few buddies and a service truck it wasn't to bad.

Attached Files:

21. Wow that's the way to do it!!!!

childersbros likes this.
  22. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

As long as they did not hack the frame, Fox body Mustang engine mounts go in like they were mad for the car.
    Engine looks cool.
    Love 54's

childersbros likes this.
  23. I am sorry to say I have sold this car :(