Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects .

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by JohnnyGretsch, Oct 11, 2014.

1. I really like the rendition. HRP

[​IMG]

volvobrynk and OahuEli like this.
  2. PackardV8

PackardV8

What you need to do is put out WTB for the parts you need, 4bb intake, dual exhaust manifolds, later distributor. In fact, we get the occasional Y-block through the core yard. I could probably help with some of it.

Those who know, how much should he expect to pay for a 4-bbl intake? Shipping arn to OZ isn't cheap, but there are a few parts a custom just gotta have.

Love the rendering, but I'd have to go with a rolled rear pan.

jack vines

3. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

Johnny, I have got those valve covers dug out. Got pictures to send you. PM me. Walt

4. ken1939

ken1939

Looking like you have this sorted out rather well, which helps in all builds. If I wasn't so involved at the moment with a XB Ute potential purchase here in the states, here is another decent 58 Mainline here in the states for $3500 100_2409.jpg
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4815503799.html

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just came across this thread. Your Ute is gonna be cool! subscribed.

6. That side trim is rare as hens teeth. It is the same as '56 Canadian Meteors. Canadian cars often had tri-tone paint in that space. Most Aussie cars were built in Oakville Ontario. Ford used the older Meteor trim. It makes it rare here as a result.

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Thanks for touching base. We'll be waiting for more!

8. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Are those Holdens?

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

For some reason, these pictures triggered a long past memory. In 1971, as a summer employee at a GM dealership in Guam (still in high school), I learned how to drive a three on the tree Holden pickup. The mechanics I worked with coached me on speed shifting, not only the Holden pickup but also the new Chevy Vegas coming into the dealership. Thanks for bringing back a fun memory! LOL

10. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

What is the link to the Holden thread? I'd like to check it out!

11. hi johnny like photos of the black star model sedan I have a 56 sedan cheers lindsay

12. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

When you rebuild your 272 keep in mind that it is the same block and stroke as a 292.If you buy a set of 292 pistons you can simply bore your 272 from 3.620" to 3.750" and you have a 292.Of the stock 4bbl intakes the one with a letter "B" after the PN is the best one.If you have a choice that's the one you want.You said you have a 1957 4bbl intake? That should be a "B".Has the standard Holley bolt pattern,the "A" intake needs an adaptor to use any of the modern carbs.

loudbang likes this.
  13. rodl

rodl

Hi Johnny, I have few components you may be interested in. new 292 pistons & moly rings, rod bearings. Thunderbird headers (used).

14. That's what I call a tea pot carb. they where used in conjunction with a dual advance distributer. If they worked they where Ok. but they rarely worked properly.