Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from SF - old falcons - father&son build

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jsshayes, Sep 22, 2014.

1. jsshayes

jsshayes
    from California

Hello all,
    - I am new here but not new to old cars. I have owned many myself but the 1962 Falcon below I have had as a daily driver since 1996. I have never purchased a new car. My dad got me into old Fords when I was young, my first car being a 1964 Ranchero. Check out his past cars below.
    - I am now planning to do a father & son build with him, this time building a Chevy. We plan on doing drag and saltflats. We are not planning anything insane. It is on a budget, more about having fun and a bonding experience.
    - Looking forward to meeting everyone here!
    Jesse

IMG_4662.JPG
    My dad (James Hayes) built this 1960 Falcon drag car in the 1970's with his good friend Bud Koontz. If you ever saw them race in Orange County in the 70's I'd love to know. It had a 427 in it. Wish I knew where it was now.
    fowlcan_1.jpg fowlcan_2.jpg
    My dads 64 Falcon Sprint with a 351 windsor. Then his 67 Fairlane wagon with a 427 side oiler.
    sprint_1.jpg fairlane_1.jpg

2. welcome aboard ....

jsshayes likes this.
  3. Welcome from Washington, Jesse. Your dads wagon must have been quite the sleeper!
    Good luck with the father and son project!

jsshayes likes this.
  4. jsshayes

jsshayes
    from California

Thanks!
    Yeah he has tons of stories about drag racing cars on the street that thought it was just a station wagon. Complete Sleeper. He had custom headers, posi, Detroit locker... and a lot of other mods. He made some pretty awesome home built cars.

I am really looking forward to our build... but trying to figure out platform to build on has been pretty trying. We already have a SBC so trying to find the best thing to use...

Jesse

5. Yes, I remember the "Fowlcan"!!!!! And I also remember speaking to one of the 2....who ever had the light hair and beard....guessing that was your dad??

6. jsshayes

jsshayes
    from California

I just saw this!!!! My dads name is James or Jim in his younger days. He has dark brown hair, may have had a beard then. But his partner in Buddy Koontz. He had lighter hair. It is so great to hear from someone that remembers car. Wish I knew where it was now. Sorry for late reply.