Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Just finished slave cyl bracket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Ford!!, Jan 17, 2015.

1. I had a very tight spot to locate my slave cyl. on my T5 trans but finally got it finished. After much thought, I fabricated two mounting brackets and two flat stock bars, had my neighbor weld it all ( yeah that's my next priority......get a welder and learn to weld) and mounted it. Everything fit so I painted it and bolted things down. Now I need to finish the lines and add some fluid and see if things work as planned. Hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

Scooterville likes this.
  2. 32 hudson

32 hudson

3. 60 Belair

60 Belair

cool nice job!

4. Thanks! Yeah this one kept me up at night thinking about how to do it and keep it simple.

5. von Dyck

von Dyck

Thats how its done! Not necessarily the first thing that pops into your head is the best. Gotta sleep on it, study it some more, and sleep on it again, and refine the ideas that come to your awareness.
    Your design shows that you put some thought into it. Nice work.

6. Nicely done. Is that a pull type slave? I'm going hydraulic on my '59 and I'll have the bracket on the side of the bellhousing.

7. Pusher slave. My only concern is I have about 1.25" throw for the output shaft arm so I'm hoping that will be more than enough to disengage the clutch. We will see!!!

8. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Not to hi-jack but just got done doing the same thing

ImageUploadedByTJJ1421556229.761057.jpg

The one I made bolts to the two blank holes on the trans from factory..
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1421556251.714520.jpg

Temp line but switched to the 62 chevy slave from the speedway 7/8" bore slave.. Using an 88 jeep Cherokee master.. It releases the clutch and pedal push is extremely easy..
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1421556340.134295.jpg

The bores don't match like everyone always said they had to.

Master cylinder bore around .7" and slave is 1" or 1 1/16"

9. killer setup on both cars!

10. Twenty8tudor, very nice set up. Unfortunately I have space issues around my trans area so I had to keep things very tight and was forced to remove the bolting tabs or that set up you did would have been my first choice. I do have a question for anyone to weigh in on.
    CAN I USE JUST ONE SOLID LINE FROM THE SLAVE TO MASTER IF I MAKE A COUPLE OF LOOPS IN THE LINE or do I need to have a flex line in the mix somewhere?

11. @twenty8tudor--one suggestion. I would suggest ending the metal line from the slave cylinder to master cylinder at the leg of the X member and then run a rubber brake hose the rest of the way to the slave cylinder. If you have a metal line all the way, I'm thinking that normal movement of the engine/trans will cause that metal line to flex and eventually crack and fail from metal fatigue. It would probably take a long time for that to happen, but when it happens, it's guaranteed to be at the worst possible time and place.

12. Good advice! Easy enough to add a rubber line.

13. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Already planned on that... It's just a temp line .. There's a local trucking place that I am going to have a flex line made up

14. I love your 28 build thread. Now that's how to do a build thread!

15. Speedway and Summit have a couple of nice flex lines that I'm considering. I'll just secure it to the floor pan where I have to. I think one is a Long Acre and the other is an AFCO, both stock car pieces.

16. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

I like your design, nice work

17. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Thanks!!!! Learning a lot on this one... Should make the next one go faster haha

18. Keep at it, 40Ford!!