Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Take a ride with Craig in his Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I just came across this video that I thought I lost in the depths of my computer . It a video of a ride-along in Legend544's recently completed 1950 Ford Tudor sedan Custom . We got her on the road a couple years ago - that's when I shot the video , on it's 2nd outing . It's rockin' a 351 Windsor/C-4 combo & an exhaust we made up ourselves . Enjoy the ride !!

2. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Here are a few pics of his ride . He's been driving it quite a bit since it's "finished" , and enjoying every mile .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A vintage interior we saved from an old custom ...

[​IMG]

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

totally cool..........really quiet

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - beautiful ride

5. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the ride

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Glad you guys enjoyed it. I'm sure Craig appreciates the kudos . He's more of a HAMB lurker (not really into computers). He hasn't even seen the video before . It suprises me how different our cars sound. We made both of the exhausts pretty similar, just different brand chambered mufflers (a vid of mine is on my YouTube channel also) . His is pretty mellow,where mine is more in your face . I guess they suit our styles in the end (without even trying) . Damn, we're good , lol !

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  7. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

THANKS FOR THE RIDE

8. Sounds great, thanks for the ride along! When are you gonna post a ride in yours? :D

9. cool ride Thank you Jim

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It's always cool to share a pivotal moment with a friend (or extended HAMB friends) - like the first (or second) trip around the block in a fresh build . Craig & I have built plenty of cars together in the last 20 years working together , but there's nothing like building cars with a friend , that you actually get to ENJOY instead of passing it along to it's owner . The first trip up the street in Craig's car was certainly a "danger ride" , as we were sitting on buckets , LOL !! For this ride (it's second) , though , it was pretty well complete with a seat , interior panels... the works . It still didn't keep us from chuckling for the whole ride (ironcally , we did the same when we drove MY car - maybe worse) . Life is good .

Critchdizzle - I actually did post a video of a ride in my car in my build thread . That was a good day . Here's a link to enjoy :

11. Oops, sorry forgot you'd posted that. It's been a while since I've gone through yours.

12. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Schweet ride..
    Thanks much..love the pin striping on the dash.. :)

13. 19ford49

19ford49
    from Casper,Wyo

Man i hate winter cant wait till march or april to roll mine around again. Cool videos thanks.

14. Cool car and video,the sedan looks good and the exhaust sound good too. HRP

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I figured that you probably saw it , but figured I'd whore my ride out again , lol !

Yea , Craig's ride is pretty nice & drives like a dream . My friend Matt did the striping on Craig's car - but before that , he did the striping on my "Suede Swede" (my avatar) , my welding helmet , my KitchenAid mixer , some x-mas tree balls , and ... (yup , I like it :) )

You & me both - I HATE winter ! I wish I could pack up & move to a warmer place right this instant .

The video was just a spur-of-the-moment thing . I happened to have my camera along when I stopped off at Craig's joint , and wanted to go for a ride . Someday I'll shoot some GoPro type stuff , definately on my Route 66 trip .