Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Welcome Back Hop Up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 14, 2015.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This will be an incredible journey for these bunch of people and we should all be very grateful that they are stepping up to bring back what once was "lost". Really looking forward to it all and wish them the best of luck!!

2. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

If anyone is interested in seeing some of the new photos we are posting stuff on Instagram everyday. @hopupmagazine

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

There are two very interesting questions that need to be addressed:
    1. If I can see content on the internet free, why would I buy a copy to hold in my hand?
    2. Seriously asking if there is any magazine distribution outlets still operating.

Like the others, I wish you the best of luck and encourage you to sell ads without selling editorial!

4. This made my month. Have been a huge fan forever. I will be over to GNRS to check it out. Will be good to see you Marcy and John too. I don't know the other two involved but I'm sure I will soon. Looking forward to seeing the new cars being debuted.

5. 1929rats

1929rats

Wow! I really look forward to this! I really loved Mort's hop up annuals along with the specials--------also, I am real happy its being printed in the USA! That means a lot to some of us....There are some other real good publications that are printed overseas, and I wish they were not. Personally I wouldn't mind paying a premium for the publication to be printed domestically (even up to an additional 5-7 per copy), but that's just me. I work hand in hand with the paper industry doing some manufacturing and I really dig that it will be printed domestically! Right on and best of luck!

6. We're all in luck. Hop Up couldn't have a more talented, harder-working guy at the helm. Now, enough with the ass-kissing, get an issue out.

7. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One thing that'll really cement this deal - in my opinion - would be the resurrection of the Hop Dog weenie roast at the Bend during Speedweek!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Into the future is right! Hop Up will also have its very own channel on Motornation as well! The Hop Up channel will accompany the magazine and provide featured content, interviews and shows from all over.. Stoke to have such an iconic title on the network! HOP UP IS BACK!
    [​IMG]

9. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

When can I get the first issue?????????

10. Marcy

Marcy

Denis, I can only speak for myself---I'm a periodical junkie---I love the feel in my hand. For some people I'm sure internet has replaced that, but not for me.
    As for Hop Up, the website will compliment the magazine and allow us to provide deeper coverage on some features or just to post things we like.

As for distribution----you will not find Hop Up in big-box retailers. Subscription, independent stores, through Ryan here on the HAMB, or by seeing us out at events will be the way to get it.

Marcy

11. Marcy

Marcy

Trust me, with Justin on board, Bonneville was one of the first things that was brought up.
    Hop Up will be there in force!

Marcy

volvobrynk, Malcolm and HEMI32 like this.
  12. As someone who still likes to sit down and read a mag. I'm so thankful this is on it's way back! The right people are holding the reins.

13. I for one love the feel of a good magazine in hand. No computer is going to replace that. I will be starting a subscription right away. I say best of luck to the Hop Up crew and mag, and it's great news. Worst case scenario, I've wasted a few measly dollars for a subscription, but have given some honest, hard working people a chance to try. Isn't that what the American dream is all about? (Even though I'm Canadian, I get it and support our American friends fully)

14. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I bought my first issue of Hop Up in 1951, and I believe I have every issue ever published by THREE different publishers. I've been reading it all my life; why would I stop now?

HEMI32 likes this.
  15. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

16. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Let the lines begin!

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

how about posting a link for us old farts that don't know how to get there from here?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. 550Coupe likes this.
  19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

20. alchemy

alchemy

I love PAPER magazines as well, and will always love them. Sure computers are nice, but will you still be able to find "that one article" three years from now? How about ten years from now? How about 60?

I, for sure, will love to remain one of the 19 for this new iteration of the mag.

21. Agreed,the feel & smell of paper,especially as it ages.

I love to read and having a magazine like Hop Up available in print again will add to my already overloaded book shelves,I am eagerly awaiting the resurrection of a title I have always enjoyed. HRP

22. banjorear

banjorear

Best of luck and I'm in for sure. Please make sure you post when and how to get a subscription.

23. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Marcy and Tim: I think you guys are thinking about this the right way. Limited edition, nice quality books reflecting your own observations and appreciation for everything hot rod, kustoms, racing - traditional or otherwise. Make it more than a picture book for the other 50% of the folks who like to read and you'll attract like-minded enthusiasts who appreciate the tactile experience of turning one brilliant page after another. Distribution in all the right places is key and if you set your sights on the real enthusiast and make it available where they shop I think you'll be creating new history. In a whole other category, DICE magazine is one to look at in terms of successfully speaking long-term to a core group of fanatics creatively without following or morphing into another formula vertical reach rag. You guys are creating vinyl records in a world of iTunes downloads and right buyers will find you because of it. Good luck to you and your partners, BO

24. Hey Marcy,

Albie Powers here at American Rebel Jacket. If you are interested in doing some period correct HOP UP chain stitch jackets and or making them available to buyers. Please reach out to me.

All the best and good luck

Albie

25. Congratulations, I cant wait to see it!

26. autobilly

autobilly

Don't forget to send 'em down under!

27. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The more I look at this, the more I like the green color over the original red...

hopup-672x333[1].jpg

29. So cool guys!

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. Will Hop Up be offered in the Hamb store? HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.