Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frank Burrell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 8, 2015.

1. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Danny,
    Thank you. I did the funeral for our mom when she passed away. Hands down, the hardest thing I have ever done. Frank's funeral was likewise tremendously difficult. Hard to focus to say the least. Just kept seeing him under his Model A while trying to speak! Even now, trying to post about it you can see I messed up with my earlier post of thanks to Harm's Way. (hope he will forgive me) I am so glad that he had good friends on here to fellowship with. His wife Sharon, son Patrick, daughter Stephanie and his grandchildren are all awesome people who loved Frank deeply. He will be deeply missed by all of us. Thank you for being Frank's friend.
    Brad Burrell

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. I didn't know Frank but this piece from his obituary tells me he had lots of good friends. A car guy for sure. We all should be so blessed
    God Speed

Those attending should understand that Frank was a casual guy and would really prefer that anyone attending either service should wear jeans and car shirts.

3. The guest book is still open. HRP

Harms Way likes this.
  4. Harms Way

Harms Way

HRP is right,... This might be the last chance to bid a fond farewell to a awesome friend of the HAMB's or to show support for his family..... Don't miss the opportunity.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way

No apologies necessary,..... Brad, you did a awesome job,.. and to your credit, you met a lot of guys with a normal name and a HAMB name,.... I'm surprised you could keep us all figured out... Frank would have been proud of you,... I know I was... ANYTHING I can do for the family,... You know how to contact me...... Again, FINE job Brad, Very few people could have done it... .

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just saw this. Thanks Danny, for letting us know. I shared some words on the memorial site, and some more here.

To Brad: I hope you see this, Brad...and that you're able to share it with the rest of your and Frank's loved ones and friends. I put it here, because I couldn't fit all I wanted to say on the memorial site.

I'd like to humbly offer my sincere condolences to Frank's family and friends...especially to his wife Sharon...for the great loss of their beloved Frank. Please know that I couldn't help but shed tears when I read on the HAMB that Frank had passed, and immediately offered a prayer. The tears still come as I type this.
    God bless you all.
    For years, I only knew of Frank through seeing his posts on the HAMB. But a couple of summers ago, Frank contacted me concerning a set of exhaust headers I had for sale. He traveled to the farm in Capac where my wife Sandy and I lived, and the two of us ended up hanging out together for hours. I was a little disappointed that Sandy wasn't home at the time. I would've enjoyed having Sandy's help in making Frank feel welcome, because she was very good at that. Frank and I did pretty good on our own though. We relaxed for a while on the patio with a cold drink. and when it started raining hard, we quickly ran (ran?...scratch that. we walked as fast as two old guys can) to my barn/shop and hung out for another hour or so. I showed Frank all my old junk, and he ended up buying some wire wheels in addition to the headers. I remember when he asked how much I might want for the wheels. I told him what I thought I'd take for 'em, (not a lot) and asked him if that amount was ok. He whipped out his checkbook and said, "Well...we'll MAKE it ok." And we laughed. Frank's a great guy, and I enjoyed his company. We shared some stories and a few more laughs, and by the time he left, I felt like we were old pals.
    My dear sweet Sandy died suddenly and unexpectedly from a heart attack at our home on January 13, 2014. In fact, tomorrow it'll be a year already since I lost her. It sure doesn't seem that long ago. I posted Sandy's passing on the HAMB at the time, and everyone here was so kind to me...including my old pal Frank. It's been hard, and I'm not sure I would've had the strength to endure if it hadn't been for the support I received from him and so many of our HAMB brothers and sisters.
    I can't help but to think...to know...that Frank and Sandy finally got a chance to meet...in heaven. I have no doubt that Sandy welcomed him with much love, and thanked him for being a friend to me.
    Again...from my heart...God bless you all. All honor and glory to God in heaven...forever.
    I'd like to share with you what Frank wrote to me. (shown below) It clearly shows the love he had for his fellow man, his wife Sharon, his family, and for our creator. A smart man with a kind heart, he was. I want you to know that I'm eternally grateful for Frank's friendship, his kind words and many prayers. He helped to strengthen my faith, and I'm sure, the faith of many others...just as Sandy did. And that's worth everything.
    Dear God in heaven...bless and embrace this good man. - Rick
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sitting here in disbelief. This is among the most shocking news I've ever heard. I'm sure you remember my trip down to see you and pick up the headers I had bought from out of the classifieds. A good portion of our conversion was you telling me how disappointed you were that I would not meet your lovely wife as she was at work. I almost felt I knew her from your heart felt discription and if you remember I shared that I felt the same for my lovely bride of 49 years. I could not imagine being able to carry on without her as I'm sure you are feeling right now. You mention her love of the Lord and I'm hoping that this memory will reign supreme as you carry forward. The love of a godly woman is the greatest treasure, save for his salvation, that a man can ever have. I'm certain she would remind you that the "Lord works in mysterious ways" and somehow, someway He will take this tragedy and work it for His glory.
    If you ever feel like contacting me don't hesitate......I'm here and if there is anything I can do............again, don't hesitate. May this beautiful woman Rest In Peace.
    Frank

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    Thor1 likes this.
  7. Brad, also if you see this. I mentioned it previously but Franks gave me a prototype Howe/Sweet rack that came out of a Baja racer he had built and did not get to race years ago. A VERY pricy piece if I had to buy it myself. He also wanted to ship a tranny out here but it vanished in the storage place thefts. We chatted about him coming to Bonneville and helping crew the car when I got it finished (the car to the left in my avatar). Well, in the days since he passed I have found new resolve to finish the car and get it on the salt. Frank may not make it there with me but his name WILL be on the car as part of the crew. My only regret is that I did not finish the car sooner so he could be there with us. Trent

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Hey Rickybop,..... Just a little look into the heart of Frank,... This is part of a PM I receiver from Frank on 1-21-14 ,... When he asked me to add you to my list ....

"This must be a time for surprises. I see you posted on Rickybop's (HAMB) thread about him finding his wife passed away on the kitchen floor after coming in from his shop. MAJOR SHOCKER!!!! I was at his place a few weeks ago to pick up some headers I bought that he had advertised in the HAMB classifieds. While there he kept telling me how disappointed he was that his wife was not there so I could meet her. He adored that woman and he'll have a major readjustment without her around. They never had children so the two of them became especially close during their marriage. I find myself saying a prayer for him a few times a day as I can't get his situation off my mind. I cannot imagine life without Sharon and I'm sure you must also feel the same about Tina. The Lord blessed us with just the right mates. May we go to Heaven together (preferably in the Rapture)................no one left behind.

Frank."

It's like I said Brother,....... He loved us all .....
    (And just when I thought my eyes quit leaking !)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Thor1 likes this.
  9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You too, huh?
    Frank is top notch. Top drawer, man. I love 'im right back.
    Whew.
    Thank you for sharing that with me, H.W. Hugs. - Rick

Harms Way likes this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

I've lurked here for years, always like Franks replays (and many others here as well), I always liked Frank's (if I could be so bold to us first name) replies and information he has given.

My Heart goes out to his family and friends.

I can honestly say I wish I were a friend of his, as I am so saddened by this.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Wow! Thanks guys! I haven't been back on in awhile so I need to catch up.

First, Harms Way... thank you for your graciousness in excusing my earlier blunder. Your kindness is greatly appreciated. I certainly met some great hot rodders at the funeral and visiting hours. The guys from this board and the two groups Franks met with in the local area were a great comfort to the family. We deeply appreciate everyone coming out.

Rickybop, Thank you for your very welcome post about Frank and for sharing the sad loss of your wife Sandy. As Frank said, I would be lost without my wife. God places special women in our lives and I for one am eternally grateful for the one I have. Frank's wife Sharon is one tremendous lady. Frank got a rare and precious jewel in her. I am so sad to hear (very late) of Sandy's home-going. I know that God will provide abundant grace for you in her absence. While you had a fantastic wife, I believe if she was here, she would feel that her husband was top drawer as well.
    I never realized how many friends Frank had. Your story of your meeting him brought some joy to my heavy heart. It sounds just like him.. Thanks for sharing!

Tman- Thanks for your post! I am glad that you will be getting the car on the salt flats! Frank would be thrilled!
    Thank you for being willing to have Frank's name on the car. It would mean the world to him! If you would, could we get a picture of the car and Frank's name on the side? I know Sharon, his wife would love to see it as the rest of the family would. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Also, this may sound weird, but thanks to all who showed up to the service in Frank's normal attire.. blue jeans and car shirts or jackets. It made the atmosphere more like a meeting in his shop than a funeral home. May sound strange, but it made it much easier in a way that I can't explain. His son Patrick found Frank's So-Cal jacket to wear and it looked good on him!

Again, thank you to everyone. You all are great people. No wonder Frank loved you all so much.
    Brad Burrell

PS- My thanks to the owner of the board for letting me use Frank's log in. I still don't know your name, but God does. May His richest blessings be yours for your kindness.

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting again, Brad. I'm glad that I could maybe lift just a little of the heaviness from your heart. And you've done the same for me with your kind words. Thank you.
    Btw...Ryan Cochran is the name of the young man who started this little forum for us hoodlums. He's a good, reasonable, stand-up guy, and though under normal circumstances we've always made efforts to keep the subject matter mostly limited to traditional hot rods and customs, I think Ryan makes special allowances for this kind of stuff.
    You're right...these guys (and gals) here are the best. A year ago, when I posted about Sandy's passing, I was overwhelmed by the response. These are the same guys who'll tell you, "Your wheels suck.". (if it's true...lol) But when it comes to something like this, they're respectful and supportive beyond measure.
    God bless. - Rick

13. Heeeey I got my email and my post in the book is approved.

14. When a guy like Frank passes on, not only is the great loss felt by friends and family.. but a lifetime of knowledge and know-how is gone. When my dad passed away, it was like a Hot Rod/Automotive/Mechanical library burned down. I wish I could have learned more from him before he was gone. Rest in Peace brother.

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Done. RIP, Frank.

16. I hope my Late entry is acceptable.

17. They check all the email so your entry should show up soon. HRP

Harms Way likes this.