Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I need to thank Eric (Milkweed)Pillow for help prepping and spraying her. Tom the owner of Euro Sport for use of the paint booth and his building the heated down draft paint booth was like heaven. Dick Rodwell for Hanging around to lock up after us buying late lunch on Saturday and being helpful all weekend. And John at Euro Sport who offered to paint the remaining fender when ready and who is going to cut and polish her before I bring her home. And my wife Jennean for being understanding through the entire build full of late nights and long weekends. With more yet to come
    This weekend would not have went so well without all of you. Thanks Tons.

2. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Beautiful very nice color

3. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, I want to agree with everyones accolades. You really did well with your color choice, and you prepped it to perfection. Sorry about that passenger fender, there is always something. It would have been nice to have it all done together.
    We are both fortunate to have had the help and cooperation of a few good friends. There's many who say they will give you a hand, but when the time comes most disappear like roaches from the light. That's when you find out who your true friends are, and you had a couple slogging along with you this weekend. When you place the body on the chassis, They will be there too. Take them lunch somewhere.
    I'm anxious to see it in the daylight, that's when everyone will how smooth and straight your body is and what true color is that is difficult to tell under fluorescent and sodium light.
    Again congratulation on your achievement and thanks for posting and sharing your projects progress with us. I hope it fulfills your vision, watching your project has certainly been enjoyable to many of us.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

4. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I feel like i did 200 squats over the weekend and hung from my right arm....Nope i painted a car..No way will i ever wear a paint suit just an fyi Daddio....Kipp you are welcome glad you are happy and it turned out so well....Now i need to decide if i will build my 36 3 window or if it is time to let her go and do a 36 roadster..Decisions decisions decisions???????

5. daddio211

daddio211

Ah yes, the unicorn! Why no suit? Aren't you worried about isocyanide poisoning?

6. akreone

akreone
    from SLC 801

Man thats a lot of work. Great job team.

7. daddio211

daddio211

Holy shit, Glover came out to play!

8. Thanks.
    Thanks KB. She definatly came out almost perfect I am very pleased with the outcome so far. I am finaly over the top and on my way down the other side.
    I think mabey a 34 Chevy three window sounds like a good project.

9. The Unicorn does exsist.
    Are you ready to do another photo shoot when she is finished?

10. I took the hubcaps to the chromer on the way home and went over some other parts that are being prepped for chrome.

11. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

A painted photo shoot in the same place? Some arty double exposure side by side images? Or half paint half metal? That would be cool! Or am I into my cups?:confused:

12. patterg2003

patterg2003

Extremely impressive work. It was good to see such a high quality build done with good creative methods at home and not a shop full of equipment. Look forward to seeing it coming together.
    Subscribed
    Glenn

13. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

Been watching your build; this is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on a major hurdle cleared

14. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Daddio... Hell everything we eat has some kind of chemicals in it. I hate wearing anything other than shorts and a t-shirt,,, I will take my chances. more likely to die by a nuclear attack...

Pinstriper40 and daddio211 like this.
  15. Kipp you have set the bar at a very high level.I`ll do my very best to reach the same level and if I do I´m more than satisfied but it´ll not be an easy task.I´ll bet she will look like a caramel when done.
    Congrats to an amazing job.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  16. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Absolutely stunning build. Great inspiration for my '36 5-W build.

17. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Kipp, did you use solvent or waterborne product? Love the outcome

18. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

1-shot.......Solvent based...I hate waterborne...

19. That would be super cool!
    Thanks Glen. She has been quite a challenge. And very rewarding.
    Thanks.

20. 1951hudson

1951hudson

Ok, am I the only one that can't see the pictures of the painted project?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Thanks Kenneth. Cutting your roof apart for a little extra crown tells me you are on a quest for perfection. I'll bet you achieve your quest. I cant wait to see yours in color. Later Kipp.
    Thanks. 36's are a great car to build.

22. You have to use your PC not your phone. See page 38 or something like that ;).

23. Crookshanks

Crookshanks

Turned out just ad good as I thought it would. All that time crafting and designing every detail... Now given it's rightful shine. Nice work Kip and Milk! Can't wait to see it in person. Bring her out to LA!!

24. She is coming togeather nicely and needs to be shown in LA for sure. hopefully sooner then later.

25. 1951hudson

1951hudson

The whole car looks great! The color choice is really unique and bitchen! What type of HVLP paint gun did Milkweed use to spray with? The reason I ask is it looks like there is very little orange peel from what I can see.. Looks really good! Thanks for letting me know why I could not see the pics by the way!

26. 36fred

36fred

That is going to be one bitchen 36. Great work kippers. Love the color.

27. Thanks. I do believe he uses a newer sata.
    Thanks. She will be stunning in her red.

28. One of the flippers had a whole hole coroded in one end so Dave sent it out to get welded. After picking it up I took it and the hood handles to Dave to get chromed.
    Larry is still waiting on the machine shop to get the seats in the block so the motor is coming along a little slower than expected. Hopefully he can persuade them to get it done.
    I also stopped by Euro sport last night to see the body. She is about half color sanded and coming along nicely. Hopefully by next week I can get the body home and start on the assembly!

daddio211 likes this.
  29. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

Looks amazing sir.

30. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

1951Hudson.... I spray with a Sata RP ...