Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need a spring, who else should I look at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sivarti, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sivarti

sivarti
    from Spokane

Using a 40 Ford axle and split bones with spring over axle application. Looks like a 33.5" spring is what I need, Posies sells the 1009L that measures correctly. I can only find them on Posies site, nothing on SoCal or Speedway. Is there anywhere else I should be looking or should I be looking for another brand? I see what I believe to be an import spring available on ebay and that's it.

2. I would think either of those sites would have springs. I bought mine from Socal. I'd give them a call.

3. Posies has exactly what you want,
    so what is the problem ?

4. sivarti

sivarti
    from Spokane

Anyone else I should look at was my question. I've read vendors list their springs cheaper than Posie but the vendors I'm aware of don't list that spring. All I was asking.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. khead47

khead47

Try Eatons in Detroit. They can make anything you want.

6. 60 Belair

60 Belair

If the vendors carry Posie than they can probably get it for you I had to call Pete and Jakes they did not have the Posie spring I wanted listed in there catalog, but they had it in stock.
    Andy

7. sivarti

sivarti
    from Spokane

I've got a call into Pete and Jakes. Posies says I need the 1009LH which they don't stock and its 4-6 weeks out. With is being an odd one I may be stuck with working directly with Posies. If I find anything out worthy of reporting I will, thanks for the different leads.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. metal man

metal man

Do this. American made and no ugly bumps where those discs are.

9. Yep my question exactly. ^^^^^

10. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I guess you know that was never a factory length spring, that's why not to many manufactures.....

i bought same length spring from Posies, they were very helpful.... can make anyway you want, square cut, rounded, number of leaves etc...

12. sivarti

sivarti
    from Spokane

I bought one from Sid's, it's a posies 1009. After talking to Posies about the 1009-1009L and LH we took into account I'm not running fenders, running boards or hood. While it's not much weight my engine is only 190# heavier than a small block and the 1009 can handle that and the extra sheet metal closing the gap a bit. So I went standard vs the low. Anyhow 176.00 shipped and I'm a happy guy. Another piece of the puzzle for now.

13. I just got a "odd" size Posies spring through RJays Speed Shop, they are a HAMB Alliance vendor. Good service and price, cheaper than buying direct even tho the spring itself was direct shipped from Posies.

14. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Your local spring shop can supply any spring you want. They may even have the specs on file. Just as cheap or cheaper, and no shipping.