Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. HA! Hey Madfish, that was EXACTLY why I wanted to see some renderings because I was afraid it might look a little to 'Munster'!

2. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

Umm, that DOESN'T look too Munster to you??? :eek: okey dokey. Looking at that, I was trying to figure out how to make a coffin shaped radiator to set that look off. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I actually think the rear seat hanging off the back of the car is killer. Skyscraper rumble seat. Maybe tweak the embellishments and you could end up with a Sherlock Holmes look, if you were so inclined.

3. madfish

madfish

Moose, you're right. I think all the drugs I took in the 70's just kicked in.

4. madfish

madfish

5. No Photoshop work and madfish is getting bored..SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE HELP HIM !!!!!

6. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Ok, I'm usually just a lurker because my project Kurtis 500M isn't really typical HAMB material. My other project, a 67 Volvo 122 that I'm putting a Tbird SC V6 into really appreciated the love given the Volvo's recently.

I've determined that the original colors of the Kurtis was a red body with cream colored door recess areas. I have no interior to go by other than a tan rimmed steering wheel and a chunk of tan carpet that was behind the heater box. But the ol' gal I bought it from remembers the top being off-white/cream color. Those hub caps are styled from the 53 Mercury cap, but with a small dome in the center.

So the black and white shot by noted photographer Lester Nehamkin appeared in a 56 Trends magazine. It is the only image I have been able to find of a 500M in what I feel are my colors, and therefore is my inspiration. Anyone care to colorize it for me, I would surely appreciate it. The other 2 black and whites are promo shots taken up at Griffith Observatory, and may be easier to work with.
    This is what I think my car looked like new, and is my inspiration.jpg

1954%20kurtis%20500m.jpg

Kurtis-500M-1954-1955-Photo-03-800x600.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. madfish

madfish

8. Here's my version
    444.jpg

9. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Thanks for pulling out the image off of my avatar guys. I'll get the other images in when I get home.

Jay

10. 1930 Pontiac sedan mine.jpg
    Ok, if you guys are just looking for something to do, let's take another approach with this. Let the creativity go and you guys show me what you think would be the best way to build this car: fendered/no fenders, color choices, wheel choices, four door, two door conversion, pickup conversion (one of my earlier ideas), hood/no hood, or anything else I maybe didn't think of. Who can take this odd ball antique and show me a cool rod?

11. 1930 Pontiac sedan mine frt.jpg 1930 Pontiac sedan mine rr.jpg

Here's a couple different angles to work with.

12. 1930 Pontiac coupe chopped.jpg

I know my car has too many doors but from this photoshop one of you guys did with a 1930 Pontiac coupe, I've always been convinced there is something that I can do with my sedan that would be worthwhile.

13. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Thanks madfish, I think you nailed the shade of red on the car. Care to tackle one of the other images?

14. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Thanks moose, a lot of nice touches there in colorizing the grainy image, I appreciate it.

15. Here's another view I found in black and white and added some color...

Kurtis 500m 2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Peanut 1959 and madfish like this.
  16. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Thanks moose. That's too funny because I know the shot and the car, and I believe it was a color shot but with his white car with almost black interior you'd never know. You may make me rethink the use of whitewalls though, and you kept the shiny aluminum sill plate but not his upper door plate, very nice. You put a lot of design thought into this rendition, much appreciated. I may have a new build inspiration :cool:

17. Rarerodder, you can't go wrong following the ideas in that '30, but maybe think about emulating the Jerry Volavka '31 A sedan:
    [​IMG]

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  18. madfish

madfish

19. madfish

madfish

20. A "traditional" period-correct model, huh? :)

21. jrodgerslvnv

jrodgerslvnv
    from Las Vegas

Nice madfish, real nice ;) But no Amy Winehouse pumps?

22. madfish

madfish

No. She took them with her.

23. atomickustom

atomickustom

How is it that the most interesting thread on the HAMB is also becoming the most amusing?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Something like this maybe...

pickup_01.jpg

25. OK then, here's some more food for thought...one with whitewalls and one without trim whitewalls.jpg without chrome.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    Kustomkar and madfish like this.
  26. madfish

madfish

27. nobux

nobux

I'm trying to decide between orange, yellow, or a light blue. Can anyone help if they have time?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Karl

28. madfish

madfish

29. OK....A Yellow and a Blue plus the added bonus of an interior on the 3rd version

Yellow.jpg blue.jpg int1.jpg