Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCREWED by Gearhead Enterprises, Hudson IA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorChris, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Jason455

Jason455

I've bought lots of stuff from them with good luck. I realize its usually china stuff.

2. jpettib

jpettib

I ORDERED A SET OF HEADLIGHTS FROM THEM.ONE OF THE BULBS WAS BURNED OUT AND THEY SENT ME ANOTHER ONE. NO COMPLAINTS

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

these people are part of the Hoffman group , i learned this by buying something from them off the bay , sent me the wrong part and argued that it was what i ordered , no it wasnt and pp got me a refund , needless to say i bought the correct part from another bay member and it was correct , caveat emptor

4. redo32

redo32

Not sure if they are actually part of the Hoffman group, but they sell a lot of the same Chinese parts. Gearhead handles a lot of name brand stuff that Hoffman doesn't. Both places hire young guys to answer the phone that know nothing about building a car. Some times their ebay listters get things wrong, I got a complete MII set up, crossmember, tube a arms, spindles, rack and brakes for $178. They stuck by their deal. The parts don't look much different than the parts my local Hot Rod shop sells.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  5. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

They are not part of the Hoffman Group. Just a company that has no conscience, or idea what they are selling. They are not car guys.

mgtstumpy and milwscruffy like this.
  6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Gearhead Enterprises/rodpartsdealer got me!!! I knew what I was buying was a Chinese knockoff of a Holley 850 CFM, double pumper, carburetor (it actually looks pretty good). It was advertised as "NEW". Thought I'd give it a try; the Chinese are getting better at some of their "copying", such as with fake "Gibson guitars"; it's getting harder to tell the fakes. Well, the carburetor arrived smelling of gasoline, there was staining inside the box from gasoline, and the float adjustment screws were buggered up from someone attempting to adjust them. In other words, a used carburetor. The e-mail from Gearhead Enterprises said the gas was from "calibrating at the factory (B.S.!!!)". Anyway, we'll see how this "return" goes. I really did want to give this a try. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. I bought a set of Sanderson headers from them years back. Was well packaged, no complaints. However I have not bought anything from them since.

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Was at a swapmeet and was looking at seat belts with only the buckle part and the stiff plastic that makes the seat belt stand upright. Was priced at $2.00 a piece. Started picking a few, then my buddy says how much for the whole box. He says $11.00. I said sold. Must of been 30 in the box. I plan on only using the stiff plastic ends(not the belt itself) which I have and using only 4 of them have paid for themselves. Wouldn`t consider buying anything from them and telling everybody else to do the same thing. Make sure you examine the part closely and if it can fail, it just might.

loudbang likes this.