Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My barn find 1955 CHevy truck 265 hydromatic

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by englands54, Dec 20, 2014.

1. englands54

englands54

Does anyone have a photo of the pull vents under the dash..I want to see how close they should be..Looks like mine were moved for aftermarket radio..Thanks

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wow, that cleaned up great. Thanks for the outdoor pics, shows what a time capsule it really is. Great truck & great find.

3. try Owens Salvage for the radio. He is in TX I believe and a ODEX Alliance vendor

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Flipping the rear springs lowers the back about 5 inches...same amount on front

franke4.jpg franke5-2.JPG

bowie and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. 1956  GMC.jpg
    Couldn't be happier for you. :) Honestly I haven't see '55 Chevy w/the stock V8-hydro
    combo. My Dad bought a new turqoise & white '56 GMC w/big back window, that had a Pocho /hydromatic combo. It was a lot of trk for a 12 yr old to be driving ! :rolleyes: I'd get grounded until Mom could afford to buy new tires on back. Then I'd go to town & drag race &lay rubber, you know how it was. ;)
    IMHO - I'd leave 'er just as it is except for the dash. I'd clear coat it, clean up the dash with some new paint. WOW, you have a absolute GEM :cool: there. Hey, can I take her for spin around the block, - can I, - huh, - can I !! ????? :D Ah, just once ?? :(

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  6. Any pics of the Caddy? ...and how can you not tell a '58 from a '59? Nice truck!

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats man. That is one sweet find. Have fun with it.

8. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Pardon my less than stellar interior, she is still a work in progress: ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420813222.643930.jpg

You can get the bits you're looking for on feebay or if you can find a breaker you might be able to get everything all at once. If you don't care if they are re-pops try jimcarter, lmctruck or classic parts of America

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  9. englands54

englands54

Thanks for the feedback guys.. I love it, it reminds me so much of my old truck.. A friend of my father donated an original rear chrome bumper and brackets for some engine work at the shop.. I was stoked and it fits the truck like a glove patina wise.. Got most everything working now except the generator.. I worked on the inside all day and cleaned the doors and dash.. I will post pics tomorrow.. I polished the hubcaps and they look good.. I also installed a new water pump.. Its coming together.. I also need to get a new headlight switch, the dash lights will not work.. 3WLarry, love the truck, thanks for the info, I want to powdercoat the wheels black and get some www tires piecrust edge bias, beauty rings.. What did you do for the front of yours to get it that low? Thanks guys I will post pics soon, looks like I will have to paint the inside in time..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  10. Very nice truck! Nice '41 Plymouth too!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

My tires and wheels are: 4.5x16 6 lug original wheels all around with B.F. Goodrich Silvertown bias ply tires...6.00x16 fronts and 7.00x16 rears from Coker. I bought the truck this way. The front has the springs flipped also like the back, but don't do it because it creates a lot of bump steer. Send your axle to Nostalgia Sids and have him drop it for you.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. englands54

englands54

3wLarry, I have read about that problem and have checked out Sids site..Very cool and a bunch of info.. Thats the way I will go,Thanks and I dig your ride.. Here are some photos of my old 56.. If someone has it or know someone who does I have photos of the entire build.. From the clip, to the rear, column drop, paint ect..

Attached Files:

13. markymark77

markymark77

Hi, 6 years later but do you still have the truck?