Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone have a pic of fat jacks 46 coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks for the added pic

2. Thanks for the pics

3. KATFISH

KATFISH

Some good pictures of this car in the book
    "Hotrods By Pete & Jakes"

From Classic Motorbooks

4. LTM75110

LTM75110

I have the crash on a copy of a gasser tape. The Moreland 40 is on there also. I watch it sometimes to remind me of how BADASS 46 Ford`s can look.He should build another one,or maybe I should.I have a body.

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

You have this on video? Kind of sick to see such a beautiful but violent car wad itself up, but.....how does one obtain this footage?

That car was beyond bitchin'!

6. brandon

brandon

Having a fat rendered ford flashback......what ever became of the delivery..?

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I would put the link or video up on here but I'm on my iPhone as always.. Go to YouTube and type in

"46 Ford Fat Jack Crash At Fremont Dragstrip"

You should be able to find it easily among with a couple other videos of Fat Jack and a few other individuals.

iPhone - TJJ App

8. LTM75110

LTM75110

9. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

iPhone - TJJ App

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Jack had changed the front suspension to McPherson Struts. One of them collapsed (or came 'unstuck' at its attachment, never was made clear) and the car dove, dug in, and rolled.

11. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Whatever happened to the " The Texan". As a kid I loved the paint job, and tried to add my own flare to it's style. Where is it now???

Attached Files:

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Gordon Chisenhall just left my shop. He still has the Texan Willys. I'll get some pics one of these days when I go to his shop.

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

It was on the cover of Hot Rod's Fat Attack issue, with Pete's purple 39 convertible, Jack did alot to make the 46-48 ford popular, great guy, I always talk to him at the L.A.Roadster show.

14. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Hey TexasHardCore any pics yet? Just checkin in.

15. I've got the crash on a tape also,..they kept breakin or twistin the driveshafts as it had so much power.

16. tobias1954

tobias1954
    from Norway

A picture of the delivery under construction I took in '88(?) at Fat Jack's place. A lousy pic but it confirms the delivery's existence at the time. I believe the engine in the background is the one from the coupe. More remains from "the roller" were in the alley behind the shop.

Attached Files:

17. I always loved that '46. Probably because Fat Jack's attention to detail and outstanding workmanship wasn't just for show purposes only. The car was freakin' fast, especially for the era. Moreland's car was another masterpiece. Man, I miss those days!

I got to know Bob Bauder, who built Moreland's '40, and he had some great stories about how fast Jerry's car was. We used to drive up to his place in Lake Gregory all the time and see what he had going on. That was right about the time when Bob had his hands in a bunch of cool cars, like the Mooneyham and Sharp "554" car, the Lobeck (later it was Coonan's, then Bob's, then Bruce Meyers) '32 Hiboy, the old Samurai Top Fueler, the Cadzilla bikes for Billy Gibbons, and dozens of factory Belvedere Hemi cars. Later on, he re-did the Doyle Gammel '32, and a bunch of other bitchin' cars. Bob is one cool dude.

Kelly Burns likes this.
  18. sawzall

sawzall

I have a photo of his delivery at ST PAUL nats in the early 90's? so it exists..

while somewhat out of the scope of interest of this message board he certainly did make 41 48 fords alot more acceptable..

19. Offy 220

Offy 220

Flat N Low,

You are definitely correct about Bob Bauder. I bought my 32 frame and running gear from Bob back in the 80's. He wanted the full-fendered roadster body and I purchased the rest of the car. It was [is] the Clay Smith / Sikes light blue roadster.

Every summer my family would head up to the Lake Arrowhead / Big Bear area and my dad and I would always spend a day with Bob and admire his latest projects - even his son built a beautiful 55 Chevy. Great guy with loads of talent! :)

Offy 220

20. beeper

beeper

21. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

UUUHHHHHGGGGG!! What a beautiful car! I have always sworn that if my Plymouth ever gets painted, it'll be bright orange as a homageto that car. I do remember one picture of the aftermath, and I think it was in Street Rodder that showed some bright orange "debris" stuck in the score boards at the track after the crash... Sad.

23. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

As I read the article in TRJ about the “Old Master”, that P-Wood restored, I wondered if anyone has, or why somebody hasn’t done a clone of Fat Jack’s ‘46. I’ve always been such a huge fan of the car, I’d love to do one as time period accurate ‘46 as P-Wood does on his restorations. For myself, I’d want to do more of a tribute (sorry for using the cheesey Barrett-Jackson term), that would be more streetable that I could drive the heck out of!

24. JSHAW

JSHAW

Here is my favorite pic of Fat Jacks Coupe. Looks like both door windows are down, Just out for a cruise!!! Not Sure, but I think this pic is of last run of that BADASS car. Fremont.003.jpg

25. 327Eric

327Eric

old thread, but since someone brought it back

26. rfraze

rfraze

I have not found any pics of "The Texan" in it's original form, but did find these more current shots to show a reference to how low it was/is.
    IMG_5505-vi.jpg 958 2.jpg

kidcampbell71 and willysguy like this.
  27. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I totally agree! I don't know if you saw my post in another thread, but I'm looking for a '46 BC Ford to build a clone to drive on the street.