Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frank Burrell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. Done. If you are a HAMBer and frank has touched you in anyway you should not pass up this chance to let his family know how much you appreciated him.

seatex and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

3. Thanks Beano,I updated the link. HRP

4. HRP, thanks for the link! Bunch of good people on the HAMB

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Done. One hell of a guy. He will be missed.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Thanks, Danny.

7. Clark

Clark

Tried but wouldn't accept my email
    Clark

8. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

Just left the funeral home sometime ago and just about EVERY Hot Rod car guy within a 100 miles was there to pay there respects. A fitting tribute to a great guy!

9. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Glad to hear that. Never met him in person but he was frequently a help to me and countless others online.

10. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

Known and been around cars with Frank for nearly 50 years.
    Going to miss him drivin his Chopped, Full Fendered, Black Primered, 32' Ford Tudor Sedan.

11. loudbang

loudbang

Done awaiting approval.

12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

13. Looks like all are awaiting approval. HRP

14. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

It just accepted my E- Mail Going to miss him! Don in Indiana

15. They have posted all that have responded to the guest book thus far,your reply's are a good indication of how much he meant to the Hamb family. HRP

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolances to Franks family!

18. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

What a very fitting service it was for Frank. His brother is a minister and did a wonderful job. The room was filled with hot rodders some of whom shared stories about Frank's exploits in building, driving and talking about hot rods. He was a great friend and he will be missed. Happy cruising Frank.

seatex, HEMI32, 1956 F100 and 3 others like this.
  19. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Done and HRP thanks for posting this, it is never easy losing one of us car guys.

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

Fuel Pump is right,..... But Franks family had a message for all of us on this board that cared about Frank, And asked us to deliver it for them to you. And especially those that left condolences and messages on the threads about him. (And a very special "thank you" to you Ryan,.... For making it all possible, and bringing us all together.... )
    They wanted to thank you from the bottom of there hearts for the love, compassion, and friendships we all had with him, forged here on the pages of the HAMB....... To know that there was a extended family from all over the globe that cared about there "Sweetheart-Father-Grandpa-Brother & Uncle" gave them a lot of comfort..... Frank had a impact on all of us,.... And we in return were a comfort to them,..... Funny how that works out huh ?...... Just like a big family is suppose to do.....:cool:

21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Nice Touch, Danny. Done and done....I never spoke to Frank, or even added much to his threads on here, but I always read what he wrote, and appreciated him for what he stood for and, obviously, was in real life...

WiredSpider likes this.
  22. Good call, Danny. Thanks

23. Done....Thanks for sharing Danny.
    R.I.P Frank

24. Rochie

Rochie

Done, Thanks HRP. RIP Frank, you will be missed

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thank you Fuel Pump for delivering our family's message of gratitude to the HAMB board members for their support for our family during a most difficult time. I knew you'd come through for us! I am Frank's younger brother Brad. Fuel Pump said that it would be ok to use Frank's log in for a quick post. I won't abuse this and hope that it is ok with the board owner/administrator.
    We in the Burrell family are deeply grateful for the love and support shown for Frank and his family as we gathered to say goodbye this past Friday at the funeral home. My performance at the service was not up to par due to the emotions of having to say goodbye to my brother. I appreciate the understanding and support on the part of all who attended. Frank was always bigger than life to me and I admired him greatly. Wish I was as smart as he was. He seemed to know everything automotive. I remember calling him from Oregon where I was in seminary with a problem on a friend's car and he diagnosed it over the phone! I want to thank the board owner/administrator for providing a wonderful place like this for Frank and others to share with each other and form a family for car guys. I would also like to thank all of Frank's friends on here who provided an extended family that spoke his language and understood his passion for the automobile. Thank you to all who were able to come to the calling hours on Thursday and the funeral on Friday. I know that you sacrificed time to come and it meant the world to all of us. If you would, please keep our family in your prayers, especially Frank's wife Sharon. What a tremendous lady who took great care of my brother. May God's richest blessing be on you all as you continue to support one another as you did Frank. Again... our deepest thanks!
    Brad Burrell
    Marion, Ohio

kidcampbell71, Olson, HEMI32 and 3 others like this.
  26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OOPS!
    Sorry, I forgot to thank Harms Way for his post as well as Fuel Pump. Please forgive me... too emotional and forgot to give correct attribution to what Harms Way said. I thank you for taking our message back to the board members! Please forgive my oversight. Been a real tough week here. I deeply appreciate your delivering our message to the board.
    Brad Burrell

27. Brad,I can't imagine officiating the service for your brother,it must have been a daunting task.

As sure as you looked up to Frank rest assured he looked up to you ,In one of our last conversations he talked fondly of the love of his wife Sharon and their recent 50th wedding anniversary,his family and his relationship with our Lord.

I am a better man today for having known Frank and to call him my friend. Danny