Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Moal BRAKE PEDALS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mandriano, Jan 6, 2015.

1. mandriano

mandriano
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any one familiar with Moal coachbuilders brake pedal assembly. Specifically how it mounts to firewall, and if you have to use dual master cylinders. Also does it require a brace from the lower dash to the firewall

2. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Call Moal they are good to deal with.

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^^ Ditto. Best advice. Gary

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yeah, mounting looks scary but the instructions probably say to add a plate to the firewall to spread the load out & and re enforce, brace to dash wouldn't hurt..Because the listing says balacne bar you will need two [single piston] master cylinders..Price is killer [killer as in I wouldn't buy] IMO..

6. $1K for some billet bling? I don't think so....

7. Attached Files:

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've done a pedal setup that combined Moal style pedals on a Willwood bracket. Used polished CNC master cylinders. I put a 3/16 reinforcing plate on the back of my deuce firewall seemed to work fine. My problem with the Ansen style pedals I felt they were a little short and mounted the master cylinder to low on the firewall plus I wanted the three master cylinders to run both ends of the car and the clutch and the Ansen pedals at the time only used the Chevy PU style MC. That was several years ago and there may be some thing better out there now. Lucky Seven looks like a good setup.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I believe the traditional swing pedal setup was two complete units from the first Fords that had swing pedals, the '52-4.
    There was a commonly available speedshop kit that contained a simple bracket to fit top flange of '39 style transmission and a clutch cylinder and clevis, probably a part from a period pickup truck.

10. Use a custom clevis, to operate one master cyl.

11. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Titus makes a short run every now and then that are made nice and sturdy and resonably priced ... A customer bought some from an unknown source and they were really bad I could bend the pedals with one hand ..buyer beware

12. if you want the Moal look on the cheap, here is my suggestion. I recently did the following with the frame mount Pete and Jakes clutch/brake pedal assembly. I just wanted to liven up the pedal arms from looking like laser cut steel plates. Chose whatever reproduction like the "Luckys" above. Layout a lightning hole pattern that you like and get to drilling with your drill press. Next find a length of bar stock at a width of your choice and put a few holes down the center not bigger than the pedal arms are thick. Get out your c-clamps and weld the bar stock, or whatever you chose perpendicular to the pedal arms on both sides. and grind the plug welds smooth. You end up with the drilled I-Beam look at much cheaper. For your lightning holes you can alternate hole sizes, bevel the edges, etc... for a personalized effect. Yep it takes some work, but what project doesn't.

Attached Files:

13. mikegt4

mikegt4
    from SW Ohio

Yepp, I would think that the typical Moal client makes that $1000 in about the same time that it takes you to drink your morning coffee.

14. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yikers!!!1000
    That's what i paid for my Phaeton w. title, frame, rear axle, front and rear Bonez & Springs.
    Rusty & crooked but still...
    Pedals - I just use my bass drum pedal..(Not Aircraft spec though!)

15. Those are nicely refined pedals. Pricy but having designed my own and knowing the time involved, you are paying for some pretty serious head scratching.