Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Question for the informed masses !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldblu65, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Wait a minute....now I am confused.......are you saying I really DID"T have cooties after all ???

2. No, you do have cooties.
    It's just that now there's no reason for others to fear and run from them

56don likes this.
  3. I don't mind SRM for the most part. Just like going to a car show if the car doesn't appeal to me I don't read the write-up or photo caption. There are usually an idea or story I like. I also sift through the advertisements and sometimes find nifty products available that I knew nothing about. My biggest complaint about SRM is the continual Road Tour articles... Yes it is essentially a sponsored build of a car that most people could never afford to build. Still there are details and techniques they incorporate that can be translated to a low buck build. So, that doesn't bother me. What does is the actual road tour in every single issue. I don't give a crap about a group of retired people driving around visiting shops across the country to need a monthly report on it.

Sorry I can't answer about the web site thing though.

Hnstray likes this.
  4. ...........................Easy big guy, that might be you some day.:D

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

c5bb4000bd977b16fa78d24a123207b2.jpg

This thread brings this response. :)

6. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Hot Rod should make 2, count 'em two, HR mag's. One for the rich guys with unlimited bank accounts to build their rediculously high dollar cars, and one for the rest of us that live on a more realistic budget!
    I never got how HR could do a $10,000 engine build and call it a " low-buck build". It's my personal opinion that the staff at these magazines are more concerned with sales ( more ad's than content) then with actually connecting with a seriously more diverse demographic. I hate to put it this way, but I have found more interesting and useful tips and ideas from reading the RR mags....did I just say that outloud?

1959Nomad likes this.
  7. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

WELL SAID Pop- Rodder Now that I am retired I have to watch my expenses, but I really enjoy doing things Low- Buck I have been doing it this way since 1963 so onword into the fog, larry got any left? Liked your post!! Don in cold ass Indiana 30 below wind chill last nite

1959Nomad likes this.
  8. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

Larry,

I read your post at work and now I have to go home. I guess that is a good thing.

When R&C folded my remaining subscription was rolled over to Street Rodder; I didn't know that there was any other option.

At one time I subscribed to both of them but let the Street Rodder subscription lapse due to not being interested in the content.

Yesterday I got the latest issue and it seems smaller? There are fewer ads and I think less editorial content as well.

It is what it is and bellyaching about it isn't helping any.

9. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I have enjoyed Hot Rod a lot more after Frieberger took over. He actually builds stuff without breaking the bank. I don't always agree with his choices but then again I don't always agree with everyone on the H.A.M.B either.Hell I even read Low rider magazine, I like the detail work on those cars.