Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Modified Murray - The Last Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by scootermcrad, Dec 27, 2014.

1. MAW

MAW

Ya know, if you weren't so anal about the details then work would progress sooo much faster!

BTW : How many early Hemi valve covers do you need hanging on the wall in one garage?

Cheers, Mark

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys! Good to be back, even if I'm only able to respond once in awhile. Crazy how much things have changed around here.

HAHAHA! Not as nice as that roadster you're building, but it'll have to do... ;)

I was wondering how many people would catch the mower. That thing is long gone though. Died a horrible death and got sold for parts. Hopefully that's not a sign of things to come for the actual build! HAHA!

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAHA! This is true! GAH! And for the valve covers, I have all the factory ones except the unmarked ones like yours, the MARINE covers, and the Chrysler 300 covers, the ones with the bumps along side the "ChryslerFirePower" logo. One day I'll dig up some of those to hang. :D

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great to see ya back at it, Scott! I'll look forward to following along again...

Malcolm

5. Anderson

Anderson

It's beautiful man, can't wait to see it finished!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  6. That's awesome Scoot! Looks like enough room for a lift in there :rolleyes:

7. Glad to see you're back on it! Congrats on the house and move!

8. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

good to see this project is back on the tracks...

I think I've been following it since I joined the HAMB

9. titus

titus

Welcome back! glad to see you back on it.

10. Been waiting a long time to see more on this!

11. Great to see ya postin' again Scooterman!! The ol' hot rod is gonna be killer. Gotta check that thing out the next time we're up that way. How'd you get that dang body in the ceiling of the garage?? I bet that was fun!

12. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....one of the best builds ever and I've been following since the 'knapkin' sketch years ago. Seems to be proof positive that there is hope for every four-door.....

13. pumpman

pumpman

Late to the party but glad I caught up, great project, grab story, well written and best of all great ending! I will be watching your on going progress.

14. llonning

llonning

Just found this. Glad to see you back at it!! Not on here too much anymore, job, family, and the usual stuff. Keep posting I will catch up as I can.

Len

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

who is the "scooterofmcrad" and what is this "hotrod"?. :D

having moved from the Bay to Houston this year, i now understand how the world gets turned around 6 ways from sunday.

nice to see you are back at and enjoying the right coast. keep up the good work.

16. Great to see you back posting! What race team?

17. 73RR

73RR

...and a bump to bring this back up... It is an awesome car!

patmanta likes this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

One of my All Time Favorite HAMB Builds, I can understand how projects get stalled, but it would be good to at least see some current photos. Bob

19. Scoot - we better see you Saturday at Steel In Motion ;) that's your own backyard !

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

subscribed, of course

21. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yes! Glad to see the Murray is getting some love again.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

o_O It's been a long time since any progress of any kind was posted so I'm not so sure on that.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Made some great progress this weekend over the holiday! I knew I had a lot of little things to do before putting the body back on... but man oh man! Every time I finished a task I found myself saying, "Oh yeah. Crap. I guess it would be best to do that now too. (sigh)"

Pictures and an update coming!

60'coupe and patmanta like this.
  24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

impatient in oklahoma

25. motorntv

motorntv
    from Kansas

Very Nice work.

26. ....tease. Yeah I get it. Make 'em wait ... for thunderous applause. It's coming. Already know.

27. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't unloaded the pictures from the camera yet (typical), but here's a few pictures I posted on InstaGram over the weekend. I'll post them below.

I've been trying to get as much done on the bottom side of the body and chassis as I can do so the body doesn't have to keep coming off. Tons of stupid crap, like tapping holes for brake line clamps, running brake lines, fuel lines, exhaust details, body shims/spacers, painting the underside, etc... Tons of touch-ups here and there. This chassis has taken a ton of abuse with all the moving and the body constantly being removed and replaced.

Teasers until I get all the photos together to post. I would like to do one big post with a bunch of updates so this thread doesn't end up with a pile of fluff, like the others.

Lizard Skin ready for toppings...

[​IMG]
    Brake lines out back (finally!)

[​IMG]

Wrapping up rear exhaust from the cut-outs (straight pipes for now until I know how terrible it sounds)

[​IMG]

28. llonning

llonning

Keep it coming as you can. It does take a lot longer than usually anticipated. Don't ask how I know that one!!!

Len

29. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

I like it! nice work.

30. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Looking good Scootie.