Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Thanks to all the help from the Bandits!! Couldn't have done it with out them, it's coming together lots more to do, the shaker is coming together as well thanks Scott.

powrshftr likes this.
  2. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

With the new top secret Cam in the works I might need those trap doors for clearance. !!!;)

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  3. CP Bullet Series, so you can put a cap in da ass of the competition!

beebee78 likes this.
  4. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm doin' what I can in this weather Art.:(

We're going to have to run the Grape and the Shaker for a killer photo op!With your new lightened front end,and your new "El Dome-O Grande" pistons and Lobe-Zilla cam,I might be bringing a knife to a gun fight,but at least folks will get an eyeful of two badass little cars blasting off together!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

You'll prob kick my ass I'll prob tune myself right into the 14's, but for sure we'll have to line them up !! Gonna be a blast!

30dodgeboy, II FUNNY and powrshftr like this.
  6. Saxxon

Saxxon

I resemble this remark.
    I'm almost dangerous with a timing light and a box of jets

7. Ya last year, Ole Johnny O'grautin took a 9.80 car & tuned it into an 11.0 car. I was happy we went from 13.90's shoot'n Mallards out of the sky, to 10.80's.

30dodgeboy, II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Between you, Dave, and myself, I think we did about a years worth of work in two days in the pits the meltdown! I wasn't about to tow for 7 1/2 hours one way just so I could leave the car on the trailer,and I'm glad I didn't give up on it,cause by the end of the weekend we had shaved nearly 2 seconds off the et from our first,less than spectacular outing....:D

Scott

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:Art,the workmanship you guys are doing on that front end is absolutely outstanding!:)

Scott

II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  10. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

Here's some pics of the progress make in my shop. Striped all that old wood out (that's weight), lengthened the front door to 2dr specs and got 1 quarter tacked together. No more 4dr. Sorry Ric I couldn't do the 4dr thing. Now that the holidays are over its full speed ahead.

Attached Files:

11. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

And got my new Extreme Duty round back 9 inch rearend housing today. Now I can get the rearend all done and make this thing a roller.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  12. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That pin height looks kinda far from the crown but I am just watching

13. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Not sure what u mean salty?

14. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Standard 5.7" rod 355ci SBC

beebee78 likes this.
  15. The short skirt length is faking you out Salty, makes it look like a 327 piston.

beebee78 likes this.
  16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I guess that's it Ric. Just use to seeing the wrist pin in the ring pack or damn near any way.

17. powrshftr

powrshftr

Where did you score that housing Joe?That looks really good.:)
    The average passer-by wouldn't know the difference between that,a 57 station wagon or Ranchero housing,and an Olds/Pontiac housing.That nice smooth contour just blends right in with a bit of paint.

Plus,with the symmetrical shape,it's a blank canvas for painting something smartass like "bye bye" or "Adios!"lol!

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  18. 1bad32sedan

1bad32sedan
    from Wisconsin

The housing is from John's Industries in Michigan. It's the only place I could find with the old round back look and strong it's 1/4" thick. Since you will see mine plain as day I didn't want to use the newer style.

powrshftr likes this.
  19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Good choice.I think I'll probably be looking at one for my next project.:)

Scott

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I will probably catch him drilling the housing and fiberglassing over them like Don Long:eek:

volvobrynk, beebee78 and powrshftr like this.
  21. I'm gonna sneak up, and put a magnetic Dana 60 cover on it when he's not looking
    Years ago a guy at our local track had an 8 3/4 rear end, and he air brushed the back of it so that it looked like the sheet metal was blown outward, and the carrier & ring gear were exposed. More than one person walked up behind the car and said "WOW, you destroyed your rear end.

22. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Painters touch paint primer all in one, local ace store canyon black? It works well.

23. bigslim55

bigslim55

Beebee78, Nice job with the paintwork on the front end! I thought maybe you had em powder coated when I first looked at pics! Must be some good paint! Jim...

beebee78 likes this.
  24. Got some work done this week built the rear end brackets, bent up the ladder bar crossmember, built the ladder bars, and got my front brakes figured out thanks to Kip. Also Got shipping conformation on the fiberglass panels getting picked up tomorrow and hopefully will be to me sometime this week.

Attached Files:

25. I like those ladder bars, look nice and strong!:D

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Where did you get your fg parts Jeff?

27. Thanks I built these ladder bars like the ones Quain Stott builds they are 1 1/4 .120 dom main bars and then we tap 3/4" dom tap tube for the bungs fits snug in the 1 1/4" tube and the cross bard are 7/8 .083. What do u mean by fg parts Scott?

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fiberglass parts.Please don't tell me you sent money to that fucking guy up here at "Showcar Bodyparts".....He has a very long list of folks all over the world that want to stab his eyes out with a fork for taking their money,but never delivering with the parts.

Have you got a target weight in mind for the Ford?It will be interesting to see how light it ends up with all the surgery completed.:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

29. I ordered them from Suncoast fiberglass out of Florida. I am shooting for around 2400 with me in the car it's looking like it should be pretty easy to do so far the car is super light and I got the shipping weight on all the fiberglass and with the crate it's only 350 pounds that's fenders hood doors trunk dash and rear bumper.