Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. That's Hilarious!

2. "I'm afraid we have done nothing more than wake a sleeping giant.., uh.., elephant" angry-elephant-14057299.jpg

55belairx2 likes this.
  3. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Who needs smores, we can just keep roastin' YOU!!!

Dog_Patch and 30dodgeboy like this.
  4. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Don't make me break out the"no hop dry hop" story and other such classics!

5. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

6. UUUGH! right in the shnozzzzz!

7. Hey, we're all screwed up here. We are talking about Whale motors, remember. I'm revoking your '92 card Marc. scared whale.jpg

8. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

9. Why are elephants afraid of mice? I read its because mice can get sucked into the intake of an elephant.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  10. Saxxon

Saxxon

When the Scout was featured in the Hot Rod yearbook in 73 the name "Elephant Hunter" was tagged on it.

Of course it was Hemi powered back then.

[​IMG][​IMG]

II FUNNY likes this.
  11. so thats how they came up with the name rat roaster for the hemi intake. mystery solved

12. Nice, roasted & fed to Racer by my own brother, I guess my time has come.., sigh.

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Don't know anything about any whale motors but I know I will have a whale of a time keeping the track warm while all you guys are getting ready too see who's alligator mouth is going to overload there hummingbird ass.

powrshftr and Dog_Patch like this.
  14. LMAO! Nice pull Flats

15. 62Furious

62Furious

Saltflats I am with you on that.

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

Now that pre-registration is open and folks have committed (are committed ... should be committed ... ??) the trash talking is for real. What I enjoyed about it last year was the fact the talkers actually squared up at the event... no ducking and weaving from the keyboard heroics... yet another reason I support the MDA's no winner / no loser just run your car - format

55belairx2 likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

We are going to look at a car tomorrow that could be a candidate for the 2017 meltdown.
    Picture this a an Algon stack injected 409 powered Cheetah.

powrshftr and 69fury like this.
  18. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Racer X is pre-registered this year... I know some people were thinking that coupe was like Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster...there have been sightings, but no proof at the Meltdown. I am sure there are some other coupes out there for a good match race....

19. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I know one off hand that would surely grab a lane, just an ol rusty street driven beater with a blower??? He's been tryin for years but a certain somebody never shows up....... Lol. #HOLYGRAIL

20. ooh cat 2.gif
    39Who

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    beebee78 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  21. sch-1

sch-1

I know that I have never seen any photos or heard mention of night racing at MDA. Since there is such a large field of cars would night racing ever be a posiblity? Nothin like watching fire breathing dragons after dark!

22. Actually, we are working on it. The Meltdown Drags Association organizes the event, but does not own the track. We are discussing lighting / night racing with the track owner. We would love to race well into the night, but that comes with an additional expense...

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You can up my entry fee if that helps.

24. sch-1

sch-1

Just run a big drop cord over to the power plant!

55belairx2 likes this.
  25. I second that motion Salty!

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

X3!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. I can press the LIKE 4 times if that will help.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  28. Saxxon

Saxxon

Night racing ???
    Love the idea but I thought there was a noise ordinance in effect ?

That just might cut into my socializing - my second favorite thing to do at Meltdown

29. yes it is true okiedoker the coupe was a no show last year. nitro neil and i drove up on friday with my 66 chevelle. unfortunately my father was in hospice and i couldnt get away for the whole weekend. due to his failing health i was not able to do much car stuff last year until late in the season. family comes first. i figured i would enjoy my time with him and do the melt down this year. now for the good news the coupe is being completely freshened up after last years drag week and will be ready to rock and roll this spring. after the pri show i attended a fast university efi class so i can tune the car myself if need be. it was on the chassis dyno last year and runs like a top. that said i think my first match race should be with you high noon on friday.

saltflats and fast30coupe like this.