Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 Ford heater plumbing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Anyone running a original 40 Ford Flathead in your hot rod?

Were do you plumb the hoses on the engine?

We are trying to figure all this out while detailing the engine so everything will be in place before the engine goes back in Dave's confused 32/34 pickup.

Photo's would help. HRP

2. I don't have a definitive answer but I do recall removing heater hose fittings from the heads on my "32 pu w/46 truck engine. I'd have to go to an old Ford book to figure it out.

3. This is the truck as it has sat for a few years but it's now blown apart for body & paint work. HRP

[​IMG]

4. nospartsman

nospartsman

On the Ford Barn there is a guy 40larry who does 39/40 Ford heaters he will have installation instructions his name is Larry Kaplan from Ca.

5. Sent Larry a PM,,thanks. HRP

6. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks for posting that pdf Aquaroscoe! I had to save that for my heater project.

8. Just for your info the original 1940 vehicle installation used a nipple installed in the lower radiator hose. The early Ford suppliers carry them.

Charlie Stephens