Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Thermador Air Coolers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Hey all,

I have one of these, but I know there is something missing for the mounting. It DOESN'T have the tab for the brace that goes down to the door. It never had it.

I have seen many pictures without it, but they are all on a car. So what am I missing? The way it is now, is sounds like it is going to destroy my glass.

Here are some pix,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!!!

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I think you got it all. Thats all mine has

3. Does the part that sits on the window sound like its going to grind the hell out of it? Is there a piece that goes on the window? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm at a loss..............

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

it chipped my glass

5. Booooo, exactly what I was afraid of................I wonder if some foam would help.....

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I've had a few of these over the years, everything is there. You have the clamp-on style which takes the weight on the upper clamps. The other style uses the support rod that takes the weight. The raised rib on the top of the air inlet seats in the upper window fussy of the door frame. You adjust the clamp to the door frame to hold secure once unit is installed. The clamp on style has small fittings on underside that slip either side of glass to prevent it moving.

There are also support rod styles, one with single rod and others with 'V' shaped rod. There is a small tab on outside of drum for rod to attach to plus there were small rubber pads to absorb vibrations so there was no metal to glass contact.

Plus there were single pull cord (Spring loaded drum) and double (Manual) pull cord styles in both clamp on and support models. I have a few installation instructions to suit a few different makes, closed cars to open cars. All very similar. I've even had electric powered and floor mounted swamp coolers but never a bullet cooler.

This is support rod version. Note locating tabs for glass 2011-12-11 09.42.07.jpg
    cooler.JPG

Window side.jpg

This is clamp on version, note no locating tabs for glass.
    FS2.jpg FS1.jpg

Cooon and ♠Stovebolt♠ like this.
  7. Thanks for the info!!! I will try refitting it on my car again, and take my time at fitting it in, and see what happens!