Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Scored a 1929 Tudor.... :-)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tierod, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Lets start with a Happy Dance.... :)
    Friday, I managed to pick up a 1929 Ford Tudor Sedan... All done, driver....
    I live in a retirement community now, and this was my only option.
    Lot of road worthy conversions done...

[​IMG]

T-5 five speed transmission.
    Hydraulic brakes.16 inch tires and wheels.
    New interior, and paint job,
    Safety glass,

[​IMG]
    Front axle rebuilt, New kingpins. Rebuilt steering box, short pitman arm . New 16 inch tires. Wheels powder coated.
    Rebuilt motor, bored 30 over. Stainless steel valves. Touring cam shaft, Leakless water pump. High compression head. Lightened and balanced fly wheel.
    V8 clutch.T-5 overdrive transmission.

[​IMG]

New bearings and seals in rear end.
    Electric windshield wiper Turn signals

New chrome bumpers New radiator New top, wood kit. New seat springs.
    [​IMG]
    It's a good running car...looking foward to driving, and making it "My Own"...
    A few things I may consider:
    Distributer (From Bubba;s of course... )
    Intake\Carb
    Headers...

Again, queue the Happy Dance...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Looks good, I've always liked the 29 -29 with the smaller cowl best. If you are going to hop up the banger look up "Secrets of Speed Society " and F.A.S.T. both have a lot of banger info.

3. Will do...I've see mention of F.A.S.T. in other posts...
    I was told it had a cam and bore already...it does go OK.

4. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

Nice looking car!!!

5. nice car , i've always liked 28/29 tudors

if it was mine , i'd install a dropped axle , a dropped headlight bar , and change out those headlights from those sealed beam conversions.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

nice looking Model A. hope to see you driving it around Indy. glad you're back in the game

7. Awesome score! Hopped up banger and a dropped axle would be perfect:cool:

i.rant likes this.
  8. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Were you wearing a skimask when you obtained it?

9. Yep, Dropped Axle and Dropped Headlight bar without the conversions are on my "Wish to heck I can afford it" list...
    I'm glad I'm back in the game too, My wife’s Medical and our Financial issues had us selling the 49 a coupe three years ago , and sitting it out for a while. While I was caretaker for my wife, I still had a few opportunities to go to a few shows ...
    HA,, No Skimask, but I did get it (the 29) for a fair price...compared to what even a stock "A" in good shape was going for.
    I rented a U-Haul and Car Trailer and drove 315 Miles one way to get it, then back home same day...
    All the Transporters I contacted were booked.. SO, I did it myself. U-Haul was reasonable, ran and tracked perfect AND got 18 MPG hauling... I was stressed all the way up, you know "Buyer Beware"...this was a Craigslist find, and I worked real hard at convincing myself if it did not meet my needs or was not good quality, I would walk. and come home empty. Fortunately I was not disappointed.

sko_ford likes this.
  10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great car. I would love to have one of those in the exact condition. Drive the wheels off.

11. I'm just curious because I don't know: What's the comfortable highway speed for it?

12. Meyer

Meyer

13. 2935ford

2935ford

That's a really nice looking Tudor.
    Drive the wheels off it and ave fun!

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Nice clean car that can be driven and enjoyed

15. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Congrats Bill,

It will be nice to see you operating something besides a camera!!!! Just kidding!!

Love the car!!!!

16. Thanks Eagletucky.. :) I'm looking forward to driving around.
    sgtlethargic: The builder said he had it up to 50... I'll know more when I get out and run it a bit. I have been cautious as it only has about 15 miles on the motor. It has the stock rear, but it seems to get up real nice with that T-5 in it.

17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Nice car. I would drive that all day long. I have had my 29 Phaeton down the road 60-65. I was passed doing 70 too. I just have a stock 3 speed in that one. So I am guessing 55-60 down the high way should be no problem. Enjoy that nice looking tudor.

18. Great looking Tudor, drive it and have fun. Hoping mine will turn out that nice.

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Looks like a great car.

20. UPDATE: Spent this morning tuning up the new dizzy install from Bubba's Hot Rod Shop.
    Bubba (GMC_BUBBA) installed a new dizzy and added a timing mark. WOW, big difference. Starts right up, has good mid range power band. Did not have the chance to see upper speeds yet.
    Check it out...
    [​IMG]
    New timing mark from Modelaonly.net

[​IMG]
    Great install... BIG Difference in over all performance, better response. Don't have to mess with your advance lever... :)

[​IMG]
    Yep, gota get rid of the black eyes...

If you need "T", Early V8 or "A" distributors... He IS THE MAN TO SEE...
    Thanks BUBBA....

21. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

WOW - I really love your car! It's my all time favorite set-up. Real glad for you.
    One of these days-------. LOL

22. YBNORML

YBNORML
    from canada

Beautiful car. Enjoy!!