Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lookin for a L.A. Hamber or two...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedwise, Jan 5, 2015.

1. speedwise

speedwise

Life throws us an opportunity every once and while to check off some bucket list items and I just got the perfect opportunity. My wife is going to be attending a class in Anaheim and I'm tagging along to take advantage of the "free" hotel, her airfare, etc. We have never been to California. We're staying a block from Disneyland so we'll do that of course. We will be in California from Monday, Feb 2 thru the end of the week. Here's where you come in...while my wife is slaving away in class from 8-4, I've got the days to explore. I'm thinking of So Cal Speedshop, the Hot Rod Magazine offices, Jay Leno, John Force's shop, Peterson Museum (although I heard it was closed for renovation), the NHRA Museum, etc. All things hot rods and drag racing. Since the Winternationals are that week, I plan on going to Pomona on Thursday to visit the NHRA Museum and watching some drags and going thru the pits. My wife is not into drag racing so Thursday is the only option for Pomona, she get's out of class at noon on Friday. I have no idea where any of these things are or how long it would take to see them or even if they are open to the public. I'm sure there's many other cool hot rod sites out there. I've never even had In-and-Out Burgers. I would love to meet up and get the tour with someone that enjoys and knows the hot rod spots. I'm open to buying the gas/burgers/beer or renting a car and just doing the burgers and beer. I'm OK with Tuesday or Wednesday (3rd & 4th) or both. I'd like to be done around 4 pm or so in order to meet the wife and do some stuff with her. I do NOT want to be a pain in the ass for someone. I love cars, hot rods and drag racing and history for that matter. If you want to hang out and show off your area, please PM me. I'm OK if a couple of guys want to do this. Me? I'm 56 years old and pretty laid back. I live in the Kansas City, Missouri metro area. I am excited about the trip and can't wait. Thanks guys.

2. papo49merc

papo49merc
    from La Habra

PM sent.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Thursday at the Winternationals you won't see much action if you want to be back to Anaheim by 4:00 - In the morning there is Sportsman stuff going on, But Pro Stock doesn't start until 3:00 and Funny Car &Top Fuel is at 3:30 - just so you know what to expect. So Cal Speed Shop is pretty close to Pomona dragstrip. The NHRA Museum is on the same grounds as the drags
    The Peterson is Closed until Dec 2015 - they do have a big display at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley. Also I'm pretty sure that John Force has closed his CA shop to the public.

4. speedwise

speedwise

Well, that's good stuff to know. I'm open to suggestions too. Don't know if I put the little lady off too late in the day, but I would like a whiff of nitro...thanks.

5. chevyhound

chevyhound
    from usa

PM sent.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

If you are there on Saturday go to Donut derelict show in Huntington Beach it runs from 6 to 9 am. Bobs big boy in Burbank Friday night is great. Nethercutt Museum is free just book in advance about an hour drive from Anaheim. Visit Huntington Beach its just a beautiful place and usually some nice cars cruising the PCH anyway. Drive Mullholland and some of the pch maybe from Santa Monica to Oxnard or at least to Neptune's Net beautiful area and usually nice cars and bikes running around. NHRA Museum is nice.

7. speedwise

speedwise

Excellent, thank you.

8. Muttley

Muttley

Make sure you order yours with grilled onions and you absolutely, without a doubt, must also eat at Tommy's. Go hungry and get the Mega Combo.